Where to buy: Clutch...????

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
Ok, I'm looking for a good price on a new clutch. I've heard alot about D&D performance, American muscle, and Ford Racing. I'm looking for a pretty mild replacement like an 03/04 setup or maybe a Spec 1. Has to be 11" to go with the AL flywheel, post a link if possible! Thanks

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
D&D beat everyone on the 03/04 Cobra clutch when I priced them out a few weeks ago, they even beat cough; cough; Tousley; cough; by $17 which honestly suprised the hell outta me.

D&D has always done great by me, when I ordered my T56 they went on sale two weeks later. I called and asked for the sale price, the salesman got the owner on the phone with me and he agreed. A few days later I got a check for $150 in the mail from them! That covered all my shipping costs for a T56 from Michigan to Kansas. D&D Performance is top notch and they proved it to me.

carnut726

Established Member
I got my clutch and flywheel from Lethal, good prices on the fidanza stuff. When shipping calculated in they were only a few dollars more than some of the others, but you get to speak with people that actually know what they are talking about. That was more important to me then saving 10 bucks.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have my stock 04 Terminator clutch and PP with 16,000 miles on it and is still looks like new (the swirle marks are still visable on the clutch surface). $150 and it's yours you pay shipping. I can send pics if your interested. It's been off my car for 3 years and collecting dust.

PM me if interested

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
From what I see, D&D does not sell FRPP clutches.

They sell a 3rd party OEM style clutch, but it's not a Ford Racing part.

I have access to the similar clutch discs they sell (probably the same ones too), and can offer them for under $50 each, but it's still not a Ford Racing kit.

I do not know the difference in quality, but I feel better trusting FRPP's research and development and the subsequent product.

In this thread below is a pic of how the 03-04 clutch kit (and all FRPP clutch kits) come from FRPP in the white box:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...734-throw-out-bearing-destruction-photos.html

Ken

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
From what I see, D&D does not sell FRPP clutches.

They sell a 3rd party OEM style clutch, but it's not a Ford Racing part.

I have access to the similar clutch discs they sell (probably the same ones too), and can offer them for under $50 each, but it's still not a Ford Racing kit.

I do not know the difference in quality, but I feel better trusting FRPP's research and development and the subsequent product.

In this thread below is a pic of how the 03-04 clutch kit (and all FRPP clutch kits) come from FRPP in the white box:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...734-throw-out-bearing-destruction-photos.html

Ken

Oddly enough, I talked w/Steve @ Tousley a while ago and he said the FRPP throw out bearing doesn't carry any warrantee but the Ford OEM throw out bearing does.

I got the 03/04 from D&D and it's a Valeo (IIRC) and I love it. Good holding power, no chatter at all, and nice pedal feel. Isn't an 11" Valeo stock on 03/04 Cobras?

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Wow big letters Im impressed. Cant argue with that tech.

Haha, I think it's so that he can read them too. :lol:

Yeah I know about Valeo. It is possible to get Valeo parts for quite a bit less than the FRPP pieced or the D&D priced kits.

When I mentioned that the clutch discs alone can be sold for under $50, they are an non-named brand and no one knows if they are Valeo or not, but I'd feel better knowing what the product is to begin with. That is the reason I do not sell/carry that non-name brand clutch.

BTW, If anyone knew the margin behind D&D's kit, no one would wanna pay more than $150 for the whole setup ;-) . With FRPP, vendors are the 3rd in line and thus the pricing tier has to adjust accordingly for each tier's profit margin and that is why FRPP's pricing will be higher regardless at the 3rd tier pricing.

It's good to know that they are using what Ford is using (Valeo). This is very reassuring, however, it would be nice to confirm that the exact part # valeo they sell as the 03-04 is the same exact spec as the FRPP one since the 99-01 should be a different spec from the 03-04.

ALL of FRPP's packaged parts do not come with a warranty. Why? Because they know that their parts are made to be used and abused harshly and thus there is no warranty offered. One more thing to note is that their pricing is normally cheaper than the Ford OEM parts that come in a different packaging.

All Ford OEM parts do come with at least a 12 month warranty, but the pricing is higher since you are actually paying for the value of the warranty.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Now youve got me wondering if I can go to my local NAPA order an 03/04 clutch, specify a Valeo unit and see what it costs. I may have to do some checking on this! I'll post back with what I find out.

2001asp

Established Member
I purchased the Valeo clutch from D&D performance and I got my Alum. flywheel from titan motorsports....they had the cheapest price, military discount, and free shipping.....check it out.....I love my clutch...I flog it everyday, no issues.....yet. stock like pedal feel too.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Valeos have the smooth soft pedal feel that I'm used too, I've had SO Many of them in my different Stangs, and exactly right Valeo makes em and Ford slaps their stamp on them!

Users who are viewing this thread