Where to put MAF on CXRacing 2V Kit.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
SCT slot in a straight piece of pipe, after the BOV
I recommend a blow through set up (MAF is installed after the blower). I personally went with a SCT BA5000 slot style. It was overkill for my D1SC setup on my 2V but left me room to grow. I installed the slot style MAF mount pre welded into a section of intake piping of your desired diameter, which will probably be 3inch…or buy one separately and have it welded into the CX racing piping.

I put mine in a straight piece of piping with no bends on either side of the MAF. I can dig up pictures if you need me to.

You will need the harness plug for the slot style MAF too. It’s pretty easy to splice in.
Question for y'all, how did you route vacuum lines / pcv / iac lines? What did you need to change? I was thinking I'd leave the passenger side PCV hooked up to the TB, IAC to the discharge pipe after the MAF, and drivers side PCV hooked up to inlet pipe? What about BOV reference line?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
IMG_0237.jpeg
I had a catch can. Here is my setup. IAC was post MAF just like stock. The BOV reference line was T’ed off a vac line post TB. My catch can lines were modified after this and I can’t remember the final routing.

My BOV valve was mounted right after the blower outlet.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
View attachment 1802439I had a catch can. Here is my setup. IAC was post MAF just like stock. The BOV reference line was T’ed off a vac line post TB. My catch can lines were modified after this and I can’t remember the final routing.

My BOV valve was mounted right after the blower outlet.
Thanks. What did you paint the intake pipe with, it looks really slick. Did you notice any gains with the BBK vs Stock TB? So you put both lines to the catch can, and then the catch can we nt to the TB?

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Thanks. What did you paint the intake pipe with, it looks really slick. Did you notice any gains with the BBK vs Stock TB? So you put both lines to the catch can, and then the catch can we nt to the TB?
I bought the intake pipe this way from a guy on fakebook.

My pcv system was not seeing any boost. I just can’t remember the final routing. I’ll see if I can find it.

The BBK piece is super nice. Can’t tell you the performance difference but it looked great and was good quality. Tuner didn’t have any issues with it. It was 78mm

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
IMG_0866.jpeg
Ok, here is the final routing I did. Keep in mind, this was in my fox body that swapped the same setup into from my previous pictures. You can see I T’ed both valve covers together into 1 single line that went into one side of a UPR catch can, the catch can was vented to atmosphere. Hope this helps.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
View attachment 1802465Ok, here is the final routing I did. Keep in mind, this was in my fox body that swapped the same setup into from my previous pictures. You can see I T’ed both valve covers together into 1 single line that went into one side of a UPR catch can, the catch can was vented to atmosphere. Hope this helps.
Thank you.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran a check valve between the intake and PCV when I had the centri set up. It was made by a company called Boomba Racing. I don't know if they're still around though.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Where the PCV connected to the intake, was this part of the intake before or after centri?
if he put a check valve on it then it would be after the blower. This way when in vacuum it'll suck pcv vapors in like normal but when in boost wont pressurize the pcv system and blow out valve cover gaskets and such

trueblue03gt

Established Member
if he put a check valve on it then it would be after the blower. This way when in vacuum it'll suck pcv vapors in like normal but when in boost wont pressurize the pcv system and blow out valve cover gaskets and such
Alright. I was just gonna hook it up before the supercharger, so no need. Unless there’s a reason I shouldn’t do that

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Alright. I was just gonna hook it up before the supercharger, so no need. Unless there’s a reason I shouldn’t do that
I had my 4 valve set up that way but it was sucking a bunch of oil/vapor through and made a ****ing mess. I tried a breather on the valve cover but got tired of that mess and smell, I have an oil separator in there now before the blower inlet and that seems to be working but don't have a ton of miles on it. The little pre-filter thingy that goes into the valve cover didn't do shit for me.

my driver side goes to the intake manifold like stock but goes pcv > oil catch can > check valve > intake manifold.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
I had my 4 valve set up that way but it was sucking a bunch of oil/vapor through and made a ****ing mess. I tried a breather on the valve cover but got tired of that mess and smell, I have an oil separator in there now before the blower inlet and that seems to be working but don't have a ton of miles on it. The little pre-filter thingy that goes into the valve cover didn't do shit for me.

my driver side goes to the intake manifold like stock but goes pcv > oil catch can > check valve > intake manifold.
So the top is the passenger side PCV (normally routed to the TB) and the 2nd paragraph is the drivers side PCV? I'd like to avoid throwing on oil catch cans, but I supposed I can do that. I might just see them both into the stock throttle body PCV inlet and run a check valve.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So the top is the passenger side PCV (normally routed to the TB) and the 2nd paragraph is the drivers side PCV? I'd like to avoid throwing on oil catch cans, but I supposed I can do that. I might just see them both into the stock throttle body PCV inlet and run a check valve.
correct.

I wasn't thrilled about the catch cans but the little JLT ones (thats not their name anymore, it's similar but drawing a blank) arent too bad.

i still may buy one big catch from someone like motion raceworks, find a place to put it and run braided lines. I just hate running lines all over the engine bay

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran a Bob's Machine catch can on my 01. I had it between the intake and valve covers. But my set up was different as I had difference valve covers. Mine had both PCV holes at the back by the firewall. I think they were from a Lincoln. I ran a hose behind the intake from the passenger side to the driver side where I Tee'd them together and then ran that to the catch can. Then a hose from the catch can to the intake. IIRC I had the valve between the intake and can. It seemed to work as when that engine went south there was a ton of oil in the can, but the intake was dry. Which was really impressive given the ring gap I ran on that engine.

I'm still running that can on my 04, but I found traces of oil in my intercooler the other day. So I think I'm going to end up going with an open element catch can.

In my experience the little pre-filters that plugged into the valve covers didn't do jack.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
@01yellercobra @DSG2003Mach1 @2003RedfireVert Would any of you three care to send photos of the intercooler mounting for the kit? Currently stumped on how to get this bad boy mounted up. What did y’all do for the PS lines? Thanks.
What’s your intercooler look like?

I’m running the procharger unit so it just has some tabs off the bottom and slotted brackets to mount it the radiator support (at the bottom)

Power steering cooler - I just bought some PS hose, some barbed air hose couplers and clamps. Ised some liquid line clamps and extended the lines so the stock cooler would reach in front of the intercooler

trueblue03gt

Established Member
What’s your intercooler look like?

I’m running the procharger unit so it just has some tabs off the bottom and slotted brackets to mount it the radiator support (at the bottom)

Power steering cooler - I just bought some PS hose, some barbed air hose couplers and clamps. Ised some liquid line clamps and extended the lines so the stock cooler would reach in front of the intercooler
image.jpg

image.jpg

Just having trouble lining this middle bracket up. CXRacings website doesn’t show it drilled, but i’m not sure how I’d move the bracket

Users who are viewing this thread