Where's a good place to buy/order?

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
I want to order mods for my stock Cobra. Where's a good place to order?
Also, tell me what you guys think of my mods selections.

BF IRS Brace
Reichard Racing Pulley ( Is 2.75 good for a stock cobra?)
BF Idler Pulley ( Should I get the 4 idler pulley or 1 is good nuff? )
Canton Racing coolant & intercooler expansion tank
Fiore FW Adj w/ clutch quadrant
Evenflow Gen 2 cooling kit ( how hard is it to install one of these?)
SCT ???????
Lower Pulley????
Any other suggestions

I'm also getting MM FLSFC and Strut tower brace. Installer will provide parts for that.

I was going for a Whipple 2.3, but I'm not sure if my driving skill is up to par with all that power:eek:. I'll drive it pullied for a lil while then decide if I want more or not.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Lethal for all but the SCT... I would get the SCT where you have your car tuned. Usually you get a better deal that way...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Lethal performance. It's like looking at our own personal catalog of 99% of the things made for our cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your asked about a 2.75 Reichard Racing pulley. I had his 2.90 upper and loved it. With the stock unported blower I made 457rwhp and 480rwtq. Very nice power for the mods I had. I chose the 2.90 because I wanted to keep the boost moderate and avoid as much excessive heat from the faster spinning blower as possible. If you have the money you might consider doing a 4 lb. lower with a larger upper, like say a 3.20. It would get you about the same max boost as a 2.93 upper. If you want a bit more, you can go with a 4 lb. lower and a 3.10 upper giving you the same boost as a 2.75 with the stock lower. With either the 3.20 or 3.10 you won't need an auxiliary idler with the upper and then if you decide you want to port your blower (making it more efficient) you can go with a 2.90 upper with that 4 lb. lower and easily make 500+rwhp, or go with a 2.75/2.75 upper with the 4 lb. lower. More and more people are swinging to the larger lower crank pullies. They're more expensive (more time consuming) to install than doing just an upper, but they work really well. Note that Posi has a 6 lb. lower and 3.5 upper combo with his Whipple setup.

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
Your asked about a 2.75 Reichard Racing pulley. I had his 2.90 upper and loved it. With the stock unported blower I made 457rwhp and 480rwtq. Very nice power for the mods I had. I chose the 2.90 because I wanted to keep the boost moderate and avoid as much excessive heat from the faster spinning blower as possible. If you have the money you might consider doing a 4 lb. lower with a larger upper, like say a 3.20. It would get you about the same max boost as a 2.93 upper. If you want a bit more, you can go with a 4 lb. lower and a 3.10 upper giving you the same boost as a 2.75 with the stock lower. With either the 3.20 or 3.10 you won't need an auxiliary idler with the upper and then if you decide you want to port your blower (making it more efficient) you can go with a 2.90 upper with that 4 lb. lower and easily make 500+rwhp, or go with a 2.75/2.75 upper with the 4 lb. lower. More and more people are swinging to the larger lower crank pullies. They're more expensive (more time consuming) to install than doing just an upper, but they work really well. Note that Posi has a 6 lb. lower and 3.5 upper combo with his Whipple setup.

Thanks for the great info :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread