which hardware kit for unilug racestars

96lasersvt

Established Member
Gonna pick up a set of the unilug racestars this week, and was wondering which would be the best lug and washer kit to use. I searched a little and seen some are using offset washers and some are not. I also found that some are using the mcgard kit and others the centrline kit. Im kinda confused on what i actually need. Also will i need the hubrings or not. Im gonna get the 17x9.5s for the rear and the 17x7s for the front. Since i dont drive my car much, im gonna just leave em on all the time. Thank you so much if you can point me in the right direction. :beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've done research on this OP. Click the link below and read a thread about it in the GT500 section. This will apply to the GT as well. Order the part numbers directly from McGard for best results. However, it isn't cheap.

Link

If you buy direct drilled wheels, you will not require offset washers.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
on the unilugs, I would go with the mcguards, the racestar lugs work fine on the direct drill, but the mcgards are really what you want for the unilug

stang1971

Established Member
Mcgards lugs best working ones kinda pricy tho

worth EVERY penny!!!!! the lugs racestar have are JUNK... i was having to check the tightness once a week cuz they would never stay tight. Once i switched to the mcgards...after the initial torquing, i checked them after 20-30 miles and they were still tight....checked twice a month and always tight.

96lasersvt

Established Member
wheels

Thanks for the replies. After looking a little more i think i will go with the dd. Either that or weld rts. I want a 17" so i can use the m/t 295/45/17. And a 215/60/17 in the front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread