which midpipe do i go with

snakebitten2001

Established Member
hey everyone, merry Christmas! I got an 01 cobra at the beginning of the summer and have slowly been modifying it when I get money, next thing to do would be a midpipe. from what ive read the off road X will give the most gains and loudest meanest sound, I have stock manifolds on my car so my question is which x pipe have you guys found to be the best for sound and fit my car as I don't plan on putting LT hedders on there.

SWFLGT

Established Member
I have a Pypes X, I think it's garbage, poor fitment and still battling leaks. MAC Pro Chamber is what I am going to.

railroad

Established Member
I have Magnaflow X with hi flow cats. No problems, but the X does give the hi rpm rev sound compared to the BBK which is more of an H design. If the Mac quality is good enough, I think the sound is my favorite.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have a Bassani off road x with a magna-flow catback. It's pretty loud... Annoyingly loud if it's a DD.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Had the Mac prochamber with mac catback on mine. I was told numerous times it was the best sounding Mustang the person had ever heard.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you picked the Bassani O/R X-pipe. Did you install it yet? If so, are you happy with the loudness level? I would guess 'YES'. I see you live in NY. Are the local cops cool with louder exhaust setups, or do you have to try to tread carefully.

snakebitten2001

Established Member
i have not installed it yet but a buddy of mine runs same x pipe and the thing sounds LOUD and MEAN im waiting for the salt to be off the road so i can bring it to the car lift too hard to install on the ground and the cops are hit and miss around here i dont drive with out a radar detector so i can have some fun but i wouldnt step on her around cops with how loud it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread