• Vortech

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Procharger

Votes: 94 70.7%

• Total voters

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Look on the magazine racks for Mustang Enthusiast magazine. They have a step by step article part 1 and 2 on how to bolt on a Kenne Bell SC. It is a very detailed article. Part 1 is in the June 06 issue while part 2 is in the July 06 issue. Do not ask me why the July 06 issue is already out because I can not answer that.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the article is on an 03 Mach 1.

Last edited:

1slo32v

Established Member
i bought a procharger, it was cost effective included everything for the install, and made great power, however, the blower did fail after five thousand miles and was rebuilt under warranty, than it began leaking oil form the drain plug, a simple fix, but for almost 4 grand it shouldnt have any problems, if it means anything its a p1sc-1 and the car made around 480 on the stock bottom 9-10 psi,

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
1slo32v said:
i bought a procharger, it was cost effective included everything for the install, and made great power, however, the blower did fail after five thousand miles and was rebuilt under warranty, than it began leaking oil form the drain plug, a simple fix, but for almost 4 grand it shouldnt have any problems, if it means anything its a p1sc-1 and the car made around 480 on the stock bottom 9-10 psi,
Sweet car!! It looks familiar....
18902192621.jpg

My H&R SS springs should be installed next week.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I'm not running forced induction yet either...if I supercharge I'll probably go KB though. I've heard a lot of people experiencing belt slippage with the prochargers. At the same time I've heard a lot of people having problems with heat with the Vortech. KB you'll have traction issues, but it seems like there aren't as many drawbacks with their system. I'm still leaning towards Hellion or HP though. Easier on the engine from what I hear, and easier to up boost if built correctly.

Just my .02 :thumbsup:

BTW- are there any Machs with Whipples running around? I don't recall seeing or hearing of any. If you got one how do you like it?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Find somone thats selling there whole s/c setup off of a cobra thats going turbo, then run around with an eaton for a bit, then in time, get a KB or a whipple.

Me I got a procharger, and a P1SC at that, but its ok, im gonna try and twist her up, and get 14-16psi from her.

Chris

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
I'm not running forced induction yet either...if I supercharge I'll probably go KB though. I've heard a lot of people experiencing belt slippage with the prochargers. At the same time I've heard a lot of people having problems with heat with the Vortech. KB you'll have traction issues, but it seems like there aren't as many drawbacks with their system. I'm still leaning towards Hellion or HP though. Easier on the engine from what I hear, and easier to up boost if built correctly.

Just my .02 :thumbsup:

BTW- are there any Machs with Whipples running around? I don't recall seeing or hearing of any. If you got one how do you like it?

I'd get a KB ...but I have a 3-pt strut brace, so its out of the question. I'll be going Vortech with an aftercooler. :thumbsup:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Kenne Bell.

with the 1.7 KB (9lbs of boost) I got 440 RWHP and 373 RWTQ and there was an exhaust leak when I dynoed it.
With the exhaust leak fixed, we are planning to put 11 lbs of boost on it or just upgrade to the bigger KB.
Depends on the $$$

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
2004SVTL said:
Kenne Bell.

with the 1.7 KB (9lbs of boost) I got 440 RWHP and 373 RWTQ and there was an exhaust leak when I dynoed it.
With the exhaust leak fixed, we are planning to put 11 lbs of boost on it or just upgrade to the bigger KB.
Depends on the $$$

ON a stock mach short block???....you have ballZ my friend...

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
FYI I have personally seen 3 blown up Machs with KB blowers. The power comes on so low its hard to keep rods in the car. With 11+psi, I guarantee it wont last long. Do yourself a favor and put rods and pistons in it now and then crank it up!:burnout:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
HotRodK said:
FYI I have personally seen 3 blown up Machs with KB blowers. The power comes on so low its hard to keep rods in the car. With 11+psi, I guarantee it wont last long. Do yourself a favor and put rods and pistons in it now and then crank it up!:burnout:

the low end TQ has nothing to do with it

11psi + 10.1 CR+ pump gas on a less than stellar tune = Boom

I've been runnin 9.5 PSI on my 01 Cobra for 18K miles with plenty of beating in between..no issues whatsoever...the tune is sooooo important with these cars and blowers

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
HotRodK said:
Im not doubting a poor tune either.:lol1:

Who tuned those cars??? Just curious.

I ran the KB tune for 1 week on my car before it was "altered: lol

In the grand scheme of things 10.1 C/R is really boost friendly with POS rods and pistons....lol neither is my 9.85 lmao

But thats the game we play

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I dont remember now who tuned them. It may have been a chip they came with. I do know they didnt blow up a little, it was a LOT!

scotmach

Established Member
I have a Procharger now but just bought a Kenne Bell 2.1. I will compare when I have put the Kenne Bell on.:)

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
scotmach said:
I have a Procharger now but just bought a Kenne Bell 2.1. I will compare when I have put the Kenne Bell on.:)

your gonna love 400RWTQ at 3k, your tires will hate you though lol

Users who are viewing this thread