which shifter do you prefer?

03phil

Established Member
:??: Which shifter would you buy for a 03 cobra? I was thinking pro5.0! But alot of people have the Steeda tri-ax, What bout the UPR shifter? I could use some good opinions.:??:

hunterp

Established Member
I'll second that opinion. I've always bought the Steeda shifter, but I'm certain that the quality is similar on all of them. You won't go wrong buying any of the well-known brands. One thing you might find to be an issue is the length and angle of the handles. I would recommend that in addition to the shifter, you pick up an adjustable shift handle from MGW. They make an excellent piece that allows you to adjust the length and angle of the handle for the most comfortable position.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
You may want to wait for MGW's shifter that they are coming out with sometime in October. Supposed to be one sweet piece with patented technology!! Talked to George, owner of MGW, and this sounds like it will be second to none!! BTW it will have a unique handle set-up that beats their current handle. He wouldn't go into much detail since he's waiting on patent approval but he def. has my order. Quality company with quality products.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
UPR is the greatest :D Did I mention I have one for sale. They are all pretty much the same thing. Just has to be your preference on the handle. Steeda and UPR have a lightweight aluminum adjustable height shifter and 5.0 has a thick stubby handle some people don't like it others love it. Again just your preference.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I have the steeda tri-ax on my 03. I have used the upr and the pro 5.0 on my other cars...but I like the notchy feel of the tri-ax the best. They all work fine.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i love my tri-ax....i also had one on my GT and never had a problem with it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used the TriAx so I'm partial to it. But the Pro 5.0 is equal, as are the Kirban and Hurst shifters. Any one of these would be a great choice. And a set of my shifter gaskets will kick it up a notch. LOL!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And yes, definitely order the MGW shifter handle with ANY of the shifter choices. You won't regret it!

RA's98Cobra

I have a TriAx shifter in my cobra and a pro 5.0 in my GT, Both are great shifters, but I prefer the handle setup on the TriAx. Either way you go you won't be disapointed.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
If I had it to do all over again I'd stay with the stock shifter and just get the MGW handle. It didn't make that much of a difference, IMHO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by CarpetCityCobra
If I had it to do all over again I'd stay with the stock shifter and just get the MGW handle. It didn't make that much of a difference, IMHO.
What shifter did you get? It should definitely have made a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread