Which toy for Daddy? Budget 50K tops

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Well this thread brought out some good points....and my screen name will live in infamy I suppose...maybe Ill change it to boneblower stock. (not sure if that can b done)

But from what I gleaned so far from this discussion is that the coyote engine can easily handle 725-800 rwhp with the correct supporting mods. i.e. OPG.

The GT 500s need proper rear end gears to perform their fastest.

A 2018 A10 whipple or TT Hellion will walk a stock 2011-2014 GT 500.

Q- Would a 2018 whipple/Hellion A10 2PP beat a 2014 GT 500 whipple on a road course? ie which would handle turns better?

Shit, a NA pp2 gt would probably beat a whippled GT500 on a road course. And I would not let gears drive your decision, these can be swapped for $300. You seem all over the place in what you want to get out of it, maybe figure this out first?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The GT 500s need proper rear end gears to perform their fastest.

A 2018 A10 whipple or TT Hellion will walk a stock 2011-2014 GT 500.

Q- Would a 2018 whipple/Hellion A10 2PP beat a 2014 GT 500 whipple on a road course? ie which would handle turns better?

All cars need proper rear end gears to perform their fastest; "quickest" in the case of 1/4 mile running. That's not something unique to GT500s. Shorter gears come at the expense of reduced top speed. In other words, it won't be ultimately as "fast". But that doesn't matter, unless you're doing 1/2 mile or 1 mile events. In that case, you want huge power/torque and tall gears.

A blown GT vs a stock GT500? Come on, man.

A PP2 doesn't need to be blown to beat a '14 GT500 around a road course. Read my other post where I posted VIR times. The PP2 is 7 seconds faster than a '13 GT500, and VIR rewards power. Just like with the GT350/GT350R, putting a blower on PP2 will change its driving dynamics. It'll be really fast in the straight portions but unpredictable on corner exits. Just leave it NA and enjoy it as it was intended.

boneblower

Established Member
Admittedly, I am a bit puzzled on which stang to pull the trigger on....hence my reason for this thread-to pick the brains of Mustang GURUS. Sites like this are great for getting the skinny, the real world skinny, on an expensive purchase PRIOR to making that purchase.

I'm trying not to make any impulse buys or incorrect decisions when I do grab a new to me whip.

That said, I am looking for "the best of all worlds" mustang for a fair price. I have a limited budget as I do have to send 3 kids to college eventually. (I hope anyway).

Looking for comparos, honest opinions and real world knowledge about how to do that....

Sooo.....I want a quicker than most, well handling, well optioned (creature comforts) reliable, fairly comfortable, something I don't have to tweek every week, sharp looking stripe delete, stang that will bring a smile every time I drive it.....I think that covers it.lol

boneblower

Established Member
Oh yeah, I aint gonna bring it to the drag strip but maybe once. And maybe never to a road course.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Sooo.....I want a quicker than most, well handling, well optioned (creature comforts) reliable, fairly comfortable, something I don't have to tweek every week, sharp looking stripe delete, stang that will bring a smile every time I drive it.....I think that covers it.lol

Go look at a pre-owned C63 S coupe. If it has to be a Mustang, looks like a GT350 is what you want.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Post #88 ,Kevin said 11/12 GT500 STRUGGLE to get into 11's, while A10 2018s do it with ease.

Let me clear this up.. my point had nothing to do with the GT500.. I used it as an example..

OP wants a fun fast car and people were recommendation supercharging a new Mustang GT. My point was I didn't think that was necessary as the 2018 GT A10 is easily hitting 11's and some into the 10's NA. I also stated that 11-12 GT 500's does not easily hit low 11's or 10's even with a blower unless it has a decent driver and some upgrades.

I don't care who can get an 11-12 GT500 into the 11's, not the point.. The point was the new GT's with A10 a pretty damn fast , and the transmission makes it so no matter who is driving can get great performance out of it.. so no point in putting a blower on it for a just a fun zip around car.

boneblower

Established Member
I like the C63 sedan actually but after owning a merc (W140 S500) I wouldn't own another one w/o an iron clad warrantee. Those stealerships are waaaay out of line w their repair costs. But Ive got a MB tech that works relatively cheap on the weekends.

I'm just kinda hot on the stang as Ive never owned a Ford product before...... a Lincoln lsc but not a ford. or is it not sure on that but don't really care anyway. It was an 89 LSC I bot brand new and lost 10k when I sold it 18 months later.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I'd go drive a few examples, GT500, S550 etc.. and buy the one that tickles my balls the most. An SVTPP GT500 sounds like the ticket, it will have upgraded suspension, 3.73 gear, probably optioned with Recaros etc..

Well since the S550 has a blower in the seat to cool your balls then that would an obvious choice

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Well since the S550 has a blower in the seat to cool your balls then that would an obvious choice

EnchantingTheseIberianemeraldlizard-small.gif

Shrinkage_nqgmc5.gif

roadracer247

Established Member
Sure the new GT is incredible. But give it 18 months and they’ll be everywhere. I’d go ‘14 GT500. Holds it value way better. Way more rare. Plenty of power.

Zemedici

Established Member
'Fun to drive on the street'

Unless you live on Deal's Gap, GT350 would be FAR from my first choice. They're best utilized on track, and are 'meh' to drive on the street.

Same with a GT...…

CTS-V / c7 / GT500 would be my vote...

Users who are viewing this thread