Which Transmission Gear Do You Think Pulls Hardest?

Which Transmission Gear Do You Think Pulls Hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mark10197

Established Member
3.73, with 2.3l FRPP whipple blower, MT-82, and 3rd gear makes me poop my pants every time, so I guess 3rd has my vote lol

SVT Rob

Established Member
With the 3.73's, I don't feel like I'm in any gear long enough, really, until 3rd. But 4th pulls the hardest, IMO. Aside from the wheels, my car is stock.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
With the 3.73's, I don't feel like I'm in any gear long enough, really, until 3rd. But 4th pulls the hardest, IMO. Aside from the wheels, my car is stock.

True.. 3.73s are a poo roll gear. I feel like I shift primarily, acceleration is just the by product lol.

Why I'm dropping the Magnum XL T56 in with the 2.96 ratio... yay

dead man walkin

Established Member
Mathematically. . 1st gear... However in the real world with traction issues.. I love 2nd gear at 4,500 with my 3.73. I can run from there to red line and back Alllllllllll day long, back end chirps for half a second then the cai sounds like it's trying to inhale the grill and the whole car shifts weight and runs to 7,500 like a bullet, my father in law owns an 08 z06 and says that little run feels every bit as good as the z06.. If you have a 3.73 and mild bolt ons try it

Thalilbear02

Established Member
3rd with a Vortech on and 3.73 gears pulls like a mother. Never felt anything similar to power like that in any other car I've driven.

BMR Tech

It isn't an opinion, assuming traction is not a variable. ;)

1st pulls hardest, followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on.

Traction is usually hard to achieve through first gear, so if the car hooks in 2nd....all of your cars pull hardest in 2nd.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It isn't an opinion, assuming traction is not a variable. ;)

1st pulls hardest, followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on.

Traction is usually hard to achieve through first gear, so if the car hooks in 2nd....all of your cars pull hardest in 2nd.

Well okay then Mr. technical. Lol

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Mods in sig, SOTP feel is obviously 2nd, but when judging by amount of ground made up on another car, 3rd is a BEAST!

Users who are viewing this thread