Which would you go with???

vmaxbaby

Established Member
Just sent Steve a depoist for new 3 piece rims. Now need to put some rubber on them. For the rear torn between these 2 tires. Never have had either one so don't know the good, bad, and ugly of each. Hopefully you guys that have can fill me in. Car is Shelby GT500 600RWHP.

Rear Tire Choice:
NT555R
Proxes TQ

Grip, mileage, opinion of either tire:shrug:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Just sent Steve a depoist for new 3 piece rims. Now need to put some rubber on them. For the rear torn between these 2 tires. Never have had either one so don't know the good, bad, and ugly of each. Hopefully you guys that have can fill me in. Car is Shelby GT500 600RWHP.

Rear Tire Choice:
NT555R
Proxes TQ

Grip, mileage, opinion of either tire:shrug:

Size/width would help

I've run the Proxes, ok but not great for that power level IMO
Now running the Toyo R888's...great tire but wear is around 8-10 K or less
if you track enough

Seahorse

Established Member
I installed a new set of Toyo TQ's beginning of last season and used them as a DD tire: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...689919-toyo-tq-drs-315-35-18-10-5-wheels.html

I've also used the 555R's on previous cars, and while it's hard to make a direct comparison across platforms/sizing like that, I'd give the nod to the TQ's as being the better street tire. Dry traction is very, very good and even drove them a fair amount in the wet (with a little common sense, not bad there either), and got about 10k km out of them. I'm going with a new set again this year.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Have you considered the Toyo R888?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
MT ET SRIIs or Nitto NT05r IMHO with 600 to the tire you want the grip

my .02

vmaxbaby

Established Member
For Nitto was looking at 305-35-18
For Toyo was looking at 315-35-18

Street driven car it 99% of the time...it might see 1 more time at the drag strip but mostly for daily driving.

Have heard great things about the r888 but they don't make it in 18 that is close to my 27inch height. The 555r tires are 27.72 tall, and the Toyo are 26.6. Guessing the Toyo will be closer in height to my factory 27inches.

Users who are viewing this thread