whipple coming soon..a few questions?

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
so with my recent tax return i think it's about time to take the plunge and upgrade to a whipple :pepper:

im putting together the parts list that i need and so far i've come up with:

sct MAF (not sure which size though? :??:)
60# injectors
modified FPDM
Billetflow TB
Evenflow cooling mod
PPRV delete

my question is, is it safe to go with a BAP on the stock pumps? or should i upgrade to the gt pumps? if so, do i run the BAP WITH the gt pumps? or just by themselves? and do i need to change the spark plugs? im currently running NGK TR6 IX's. im planning on running no higher than 17 psi on the setup :beer:

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
forget the mass air meter , use the stock one buy a Mafia you will be good, also you dont need a modified fpdm all you need is the bap with your stock pumps, i ran 19.42lbs of boost on my kb 2.2 made 605hp 565 tq and what i mentioned was my exact setup with no problems, definitely buy the pprv delete i actually made my own for $15 dollars , every thing else you have planned sounds good , also dont buy the billetflow i had one and the butterfly stuck all the time i finally bought a accufab no problems at all, by the way my fuel system ran at 85% duty cycle at 6400rpms

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
BAP with stock pumps here and all is good... all though I will upgrade to the fore hat and gt pumps when I can.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
ok, so im a little confused....you DONT need a modified FPDM if you're running stock pumps with a BAP but you DO need it if you're gonna run just the gt pumps?

greengt88

Established Member
i'm in the same position you are ready to get a 2.3 whipple and just not clear on the supporting mods. I'd like to do it right the first time. Which SCT MAF do i need?? What pump setup? do i need a modified FPDM, Dual Fpdm's, or a zone 5 MDM?? I know i need 60lb injectors, but which ones? Someone help.

svt2ner

Established Member
all this stuff has been answered mulitude amount of times before.

The minimum setup you need for twinscrew, mafia, 60lbs, twin or single throttlebody, bap 40a with wire upgrade, plugs, tune. You can use the factory fpdm it is fine.

If you want a sct maf get a 2400 or 2600 dont matter which. if you want high hp (650++)get the ba3000.

If you get gt pumps you have to modify the stock fuel hat which is a waste of time instead get the fore hat - awesome piece and eliminates pprv. If you run gt pumps you must have dual fpdm - cheapest $100 if you make yourself, or modified stage1/2 fpdm - little more expensive but easier to install.

If you run gt pumps + fore hat you might as well go the extra and buy -8an fuel lines from aeroquip plus fittings, grab a -8an to stock fuel rail fitting, and relocate your fuel filter with aeromotive one.

greengt88

Established Member
where did you order it from? I'd order from lethal but then i have to pay tax. anyone else do them as cheap as tousley? hate to have it come from that far away and have a problem or issues. also would the SCT 2800 be okay??

1320 Junkie

Established Member
where did you order it from? I'd order from lethal but then i have to pay tax. anyone else do them as cheap as tousley? hate to have it come from that far away and have a problem or issues. also would the SCT 2800 be okay??

Nobody except downs ford can beat tousley...downs $3200...tousley $3209

Users who are viewing this thread