Whipple oil leak

gkviper192

Established Member
When looking at the glass gauge on the front of the blower, how high should the oil be filled to ?

I'm getting a leak on the left side of the case of my 2.9 whipple. I don't know if it's new or if it has been there since the install but does anybody have any idea of where this could be coming from? It could be excess from the install I'm not really sure. I've put about 1500 miles on it with the blower. Here are a few quick pics from earlier.

aeec40c2-2a50-09e1.jpg
aeec40c2-2a5c-7dda.jpg
aeec40c2-2a66-47f0.jpg
aeec40c2-2a79-4e1a.jpg

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It's overfull. The instructions say to fill to the center of the window on a flat surface, which the engine is not. I filled mine to the middle on a flat workbench, when installed on the engine it dropped to maybe 1/3 up the window.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Slagburn is right, probably just residual oil or possibly from being overfilled. I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

gkviper192

Established Member
I called whipple today and they said this will not happen if it is overfilled... The guy from whipple said it is engine oil and that it could be blow by from not having a oil separator on the car. Or the gasket in between the blower and the plate underneath could have been installed improperly.

gkviper192

Established Member
So could this be leaking simply because I don't have an oil separator on the car yet?

Users who are viewing this thread