Whipple site is updated! VISA anyone

LCCOBRA

Established Member
:rockon: I want one!! Kenny, pro charg, and now whipple :rockon: And that's a great price $3095. I wonder who's the best though.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
If you hear a whistle watch out its not lunchbreak!!!

LMFAO, I'ma haveto use that one somewhere :) :beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

Holy crap. My decision has been made for me. KB better lower their price. I like the looks of the WHipple. Damn nice set up.

A Mustang Dyno actually places a load on the rollers where a Dynojet measures the inertia of the drum. If Koshers was laying down over 500 on a Mustang Dyno, rest assured it is putting down some serious power. Didn't the Mach1 with the Vortech in this months 5.0 mag dyno 400 rwhp on a MD.

Notice in Whipple's ad they state it's the same blower as the Ford GT and will be used on the 06 Lightning and then they say Mustang Cobra. Do they know something we don't?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by LCCOBRA
:rockon: I want one!! Kenny, pro charg, and now whipple :rockon: And that's a great price $3095. I wonder who's the best though.
Time and experience with the new products will tell. They're all good choses in my opinion, depending on what you're looking for and how much money you've got to spend.

02cobraguy

Established Member
i'd like to see what numbers this puts down before going and making any harsh decisions... Right now i'm looking at procharger, but don't know if I want THAT much power for a daily driver.. :shrug:

Bill Reid

Established Member
What will be truely intertsing is when the screw type blowers start catching up with the F4's in the pro racing environment.

Does anybody here remember the circumstances behind the banning of screw blowers on Top Fuel cars starting in the mid 80's? I remember seeing Eddie Hill running one at Sears Point... but then they were outlawed. Were they too good?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
On the GT-40 commercials during the superbowl, you could not hear a supercharger at all. I dont know if the sound was dubbed or if the Whipple is really that quiet, but the car sounded naturally aspirated.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
On the GT-40 commercials during the superbowl, you could not hear a supercharger at all. I dont know if the sound was dubbed or if the Whipple is really that quiet, but the car sounded naturally aspirated.

You are going to be able to hear it im pretty positive about that. They mean whisper quiet, as in @ idle and cruising. @ WOT its gonna scream like an Eaton/KB car for sure.

So many choices

Dave

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03 Cobra guy
i'd like to see what numbers this puts down before going and making any harsh decisions... Right now i'm looking at procharger, but don't know if I want THAT much power for a daily driver.. :shrug:
Hey buddy, how have you been. Let's get together soon. I'll email you today or tomorrow.

I'd love the ProCharger myself but I'm not ready to lay down more bucks for a new fuel system, injectors, half-shafts, etc. because the powertrain pushed past the limits of stock components. Seems that one we reach the near 500 point we have to decide whether we're willing to step out into the next level. I'm freezing right where I am. Any money I invest in the future will be in suspension, brake mods. JMO.

02cobraguy

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Hey buddy, how have you been. Let's get together soon. I'll email you today or tomorrow.

I'd love the ProCharger myself but I'm not ready to lay down more bucks for a new fuel system, injectors, half-shafts, etc. because the powertrain pushed past the limits of stock components. Seems that one we reach the near 500 point we have to decide whether we're willing to step out into the next level. I'm freezing right where I am. Any money I invest in the future will be in suspension, brake mods. JMO.

yeah we should get together sometime. My car is back out april 15th. Do you know about the mustangs unlimited car show in manchester? its on April 18th, on sunday. Maybe we can meet up then?

That is also what I have to consider. Along with procharger, I have a lot of money that needs to go into fuel and suspension work. I'd be just happy with a 600hp car. Anything more than that daily driven is just nuts lol... Shoot me an e-mail and let me know if you wanna meet up for the car show or whatever. Cya

Users who are viewing this thread