WHIPPLE vs. TVS: A factual blower compare

black-plasma

Established Member
Bitches be like, You for real homie?

But seriously, how many miles

I'm not selling it, lol. After taking a hit selling mine used and then having to buy a new TVS I'd be out over $2,000 easy for the same displacement.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's about 145mm x 66mm if I recall correctly, accufab is about 130x60 my guess, I can measure exactly later.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

now THAT is some serious tech :beer:

i wish there was a c.a.r.b. legal tvs for 03/04 cobras:cryying:

would someone vmp be able chime in on this? any plans in the works?

as you know passing emissions (smog) for a street car out here in california is particularly challenging... aftermarket blowers can't pass the visual inspection without a proper carb certification. thanks

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
now THAT is some serious tech :beer:

as you know passing emissions (smog) for a street car out here in california is particularly challenging... aftermarket blowers can't pass the visual inspection without a proper carb certification. thanks

There are no immediate plans to retool and make a case with the EGR provision.
James Hellerman with Cobra Engineering is considering making an adapter to fit the EGR on existing case.

racebronco2

Established Member

Years ago i heard that it costs $100,000.00 for the certification. That's why most of the parts are so expensive.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
There are no immediate plans to retool and make a case with the EGR provision.
James Hellerman with Cobra Engineering is considering making an adapter to fit the EGR on existing case.

ok thanks for the info. this state sucks when it comes to that stuff lol. so i am guessing you guys don't sell to too many customers in cali, is that be right? i think it would have to be off-road (racing) only, or an under the table smog inspection.

and even with an egr proviosn, there is a whole money-grab by the state that causes aftermarket parts manufacturers to get a california air resource board (c.a.r.b.) certification.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
It's about 145mm x 66mm if I recall correctly, accufab is about 130x60 my guess, I can measure exactly later.

Have you by chance flowed the big VMP throttle body? I am just curious as there are Dragon flow #'s out there. I'd like to compare the two.

KC_SVT

Established Member
Just installed a TVS on my car. Paired with 1-7/8 arh LT's, LFP TB and high boost intake made 602/533 with 17psi 18* on 93

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
James Hell is the best option for EGR at the moment as it would take a lot of time and money to change the blower design at the casting level. I believe it won't even be too hard, we had one shop in CO tell us they hooked up EGR.

The attached file shows the Dragon TB and VMP GT500 TB side by side.

VMP GT500 bolt pattern single blade: 149.5mm x 67mm
Dragon stock bolt pattern: 129mm x 76mm (drop down below 67mm on both sides)

The dragon makes the most of the stock bolt pattern with its large ellipse shape but is still limited in width.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Jeff and I both run the VMP GT500 TB
We both ran multiple personal bests on Friday.
Jeff ran a 10.69@133
I ran a 9.85@141

Click for video:
Jeff 10.69 and Ricks 9.85 - YouTube

photo_zps2acf4d9f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread