Whippled terminator or Z06

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
Would you rather buy a basically stock terminator and make it like v8ders car more or less or buy a stock 2006 Z06 and just do full exhaust?

Det.Bullitt

Banned
It all depends. Do you want a 2 seater or 4 seater? A muscle car or a world class sports car? I am not a fan of the new Vette styling in 2014 and I believe the 2006 z06 will have some real value later because it still looks like a Corvette. It goes back to this. Do you want to impress your girlfriend or your guy friends? If you want to impress your girlfriend get the Vette. If you want to impress your guy friends and hang with a younger crowd get the Cobra. For me I would really pick the Z06. I am 38 years old though so I am a little bit older than some of the other guys on here. A Vette is good for a guy approaching 40. A Cobra is good for a guy in his 20's and mid 30's. I drove a z06 and I thought! Wow this car is stock? Even though I would pick the Vette, my heart belongs to my Cobra. I can't see myself without a Mustang in the garage.

MLMike25

Established Member
I went from a Terminator to a Z06 (with a '12 GT in between). I still like Terminators, but would never go back now that I've driven a Z. My eyes have been opened. Plus the fact that you can't/shouldn't really get on it above 4th gear is really a bummer IMO.

I'll always like Mustangs, but it's absolutely a Z06.

wudy

Established Member
I went from a Terminator to a Z06 (with a '12 GT in between). I still like Terminators, but would never go back now that I've driven a Z. My eyes have been opened. Plus the fact that you can't/shouldn't really get on it above 4th gear is really a bummer IMO.

I'll always like Mustangs, but it's absolutely a Z06.

You need to here from people who have had both. ^^^^^
For me its a tough call. I have always wanted to own a Z06. Still might someday. But I will definatly keep my Cobra. Would never trade it for one.

crazycarlo

Established Member
It all comes down to how your going to use the car. Do you want a car thats slightly cheaper to mod or do you want a car that has a bigger motor, makes the same hp N/A and is lighter but mods cost more?

Comp04svt

Established Member
My opinion is, its a tough call because they are both very different cars. Im the corvette tech at my work, so I drive and work on plenty. I wouldnt ever sell my cobra for one, but if I could, I would love to own one, as in own both. I would say it depends on what you indend to do with them...

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
C6z hands down. Don't get me wrong I love my cobra but the vette has totally different feel then the cobra if I could afford one right now my cobra would be gone

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
I was actually very seriously considering selling my car and getting a ZO6 last year. I love my cobra and I got it basically brand new and did everything I wanted to it. The thing that made me change my mind was that looks,performance and cleanliness my car would be hard for me to beat. To me, growing up and being around a lot of old school muscle cars when I was a kid, the cobra Is the best modern definition of that. Interior is simple, no thrills and when you step on gas it has that raw old school muscle power and torque.

The ZO6 is much more refined car in almost every way. They almost look like a race car stock and respond incredibly well to bolt on's. My wife made me laugh when I was showed her one and told her that is like to buy one eventually. Her exact words were "don't old guys drive those?" My girls doesn't know anything about cars and is actually scared to drive in my car but its funny to hear someone opinion on vette's who isn't influenced by performance. I do see a lot of old dudes driving those cars but It wouldn't hinder me wanting to own one someday. I think you have to set the vette's up to look race to kindof differentiate yourself from those fossils that drive them and never beat on it. I will definitely own a ZO6 someday but it would probably be parked next to my Cobra instead of replacing it.

Money I think is the real issue. I have 45k in my car total. It's runs hard but still could be at the mercy of a bolt on ZO6 if I had a shitty launch or start spinnin. 45k towards Z and you are barely stepping into a stock one. For me, the option to keep my car and put a few more thousand in it to make it punish most Z's would be the cheaper route than starting over with a stock vette.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I was actually very seriously considering selling my car and getting a ZO6 last year. I love my cobra and I got it basically brand new and did everything I wanted to it. The thing that made me change my mind was that looks,performance and cleanliness my car would be hard for me to beat. To me, growing up and being around a lot of old school muscle cars when I was a kid, the cobra Is the best modern definition of that. Interior is simple, no thrills and when you step on gas it has that raw old school muscle power and torque.

The ZO6 is much more refined car in almost every way. They almost look like a race car stock and respond incredibly well to bolt on's. My wife made me laugh when I was showed her one and told her that is like to buy one eventually. Her exact words were "don't old guys drive those?" My girls doesn't know anything about cars and is actually scared to drive in my car but its funny to hear someone opinion on vette's who isn't influenced by performance. I do see a lot of old dudes driving those cars but It wouldn't hinder me wanting to own one someday. I think you have to set the vette's up to look race to kindof differentiate yourself from those fossils that drive them and never beat on it. I will definitely own a ZO6 someday but it would probably be parked next to my Cobra instead of replacing it.

Money I think is the real issue. I have 45k in my car total. It's runs hard but still could be at the mercy of a bolt on ZO6 if I had a shitty launch or start spinnin. 45k towards Z and you are barely stepping into a stock one. For me, the option to keep my car and put a few more thousand in it to make it punish most Z's would be the cheaper route than starting over with a stock vette.

my said the same thing lol. she's like "corvette? ew, no. that's an old mans car" lol. she loves mustangs, hates corvettes.
id love to own a Z one day though. parked next to my GT500. :burnout:

that's a long, long way off :(:p

Drokkers

Established Member
Z06 hands down but you have to add a cam to compliment that exhaust.

what he ^ said. A cammed vet with an exhaust is SICK, but cobras sound SICK in their own way as well. My buddy has a C5 z06 and loves it, he had a fox body before and HATES chevys but loves his z06. Says a corvette isnt a chevy, its a corvette. You cant go wrong either way. Good luck with your choice. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread