Whites Allowed!!!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm not disagreeing with you, but something I have noticed is... and this may be what ssj4sadie is trying to point out.... I have seen plenty of black families in trailer parks, with pickup truck and lovin' some Skynyrd; and I have seen plenty of white families living in poor inner city neighborhoods that turn up with fetty wap.
Yes, just as with my example with the middle class families, their social circles are so close that they intertwine.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
It is human nature to develop culture. They go hand in hand.

You speak of culture as if it has preset dividing lines, but it doesn't. Because culture is built from human nature, and is defined by the experiences of humans in given situations.

If you think there are not cultural differences in this country, visit a white rural family living in a trailer with a 4X4 truck outside, then go to visit an inner city family living in the projects. You will most definitely observe cultural differences. Music, food, speech, interaction at gatherings, etc., etc.

Now when you speak of much of this country is the same culture, that indicates your experience is mostly with middle class families who have lived integrated over years. There isn't much cultural differences because of their social circles are much closer.
So you are agreeing with me? Your response to my post either indicates you didn't understand/read what I wrote or I was not clear enough.

But I disagree with you on culture coming from human nature. Culture is learned through the generations but human nature comes ingrained.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Cultural differences have always existed between races, especially in this country. The do rag is a great example. Whites generally see this as some sort of gang or thug related piece, but it is simply to make one's hair wavy. You have to wear it a long time to get the waves to show. A hair style that is uniquely black since it doesn't work on the specific hair that whites have.

Oh man, the memories. Soon I will be back to wearing a stocking cap/do rag, I have a baby fro now, when I cut it I need my hair to lay back down. I hate having to deal with that forehead line in the mornings, takes a few hours to go away.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man, the memories. Soon I will be back to wearing a stocking cap/do rag, I have a baby fro now, when I cut it I need my hair to lay back down. I hate having to deal with that forehead line in the mornings, takes a few hours to go away.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I hate having to deal with that forehead line in the mornings, takes a few hours to go away.

That's why I stopped wearing one not long after I started. Then add in how it makes your head hurt. I had to make mine tight, or it would slip off every night. I had to stick to the wave pomade and brushing it constantly. I used to have some serious waves.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Both of those are super shortsighted answers that are simply perpetuating the very bigotry and hate I was referring to. In case you two weren't aware, racism didn't just all of a sudden pop up in the last 10 or 20 years. This goes ALL the way back to slavery times. Your responses don't even begin to come close to addressing what I posited.

In case you weren't aware, racism wasn't created during the founding of this country. It's thousands of years old. People tend to gravitate towards what's similar or familiar and don't like what's different. It's been going on forever.

Blown 89

Established Member
In 1978 in Boston I was bused from a mostly white school district to a mostly black school district. Every day
as we crossed into that area the bus was rocked by black kids. If you could not fight your lunch money was taken. Metal eating utensils were removed. 1 pass for the bathroom at any given time. This is middle school.
Same thing happened to me in the 90's in Chicago. I was the only white kid on the basketball team and started so I was rather well liked but other white kids weren't so lucky. The racism there was flat out violent.

Cultural differences have always existed between races, especially in this country. The do rag is a great example. Whites generally see this as some sort of gang or thug related piece, but it is simply to make one's hair wavy. You have to wear it a long time to get the waves to show. A hair style that is uniquely black since it doesn't work on the specific hair that whites have..
Huh, I always though it was just a fashion statement.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
In case you weren't aware, racism wasn't created during the founding of this country. It's thousands of years old. People tend to gravitate towards what's similar or familiar and don't like what's different. It's been going on forever.

False.

It was created solely by white people.

Regards,
CNN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread