who can name this old video game

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
damn this is really bugging me now, lol. im trying to remember more stuff so people might know what game im talking about, one thing i just remembered is when your flying over the ocean and you get to the edge of the level theres a metal fence that prevents you from going any farther. the levels were pretty small.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
damn this is really bugging me now, lol. im trying to remember more stuff so people might know what game im talking about, one thing i just remembered is when your flying over the ocean and you get to the edge of the level theres a metal fence that prevents you from going any farther. the levels were pretty small.

did you have to refuel the aircraft by picking up fuel crates?

oldmodman

Established Member
I reached back to the dawn of personal computing and dredged up "CHOPLIFTER" It was played on the original Apple II

The game came on a 5-1/2 inch floppy disc.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Goddamn the STRIKE series games were ****ing epic. Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, then Urban Strike for the Genesis all were played for countless hours.

Also, I recall on the Playstation they had Soviet Strike and I think one other (nuclear strike?) that were also equally fun.

Also, irrc the makers of SubTerrania made a top-down helicopter based attack game as well that had the same concept as the Strike games.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Goddamn the STRIKE series games were ****ing epic. Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, then Urban Strike for the Genesis all were played for countless hours.

Also, I recall on the Playstation they had Soviet Strike and I think one other (nuclear strike?) that were also equally fun.

Also, irrc the makers of SubTerrania made a top-down helicopter based attack game as well that had the same concept as the Strike games.

so it turns out there was 2 games that i was confusing, one of them was in fact Nuclear Strike, which I used to play and is an awesome game. The other game that Im thinking of is the one thats really stumping me. Thats the one with small arena style levels that are fenced in by a huge metal fence. This game is much older than Nuclear Strike. I'm almost thinking it might even be airplanes/jets instead of helicopters. I seem to remember volcanos in the first level if that helps.

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
holy shit i actually found the game lol

Zone 66. I thought it was a helicopter game because I was confusing it with nuclear strike. who else remembers Zone 66?

[youtube_browser]-JQ-BzfVx5I[/youtube_browser]

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Never played that one.

Might have to dust off the ol genesis emulator and get to playing a few of the strike games if I can remember what hard drive I have has the roms on it....

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I played tiger-heli on the ole Nintendo a lot. Not sure if it was a pc game was well.

Here is a tid bit that you might not know about the NES 8 bit version. In that it had no ending it just rescrolled in a continuous loop again and again. I was a little miffed when I played 12 hours straight on mine then I read this info in some cheat code book. So lets just say when I seen the house and neighborhood level again I declared victory and just ended the game.

Last edited:

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
Anyone else enjoy blowing up all the national monuments, the IRS, and the White House in Jungle Strike, or was it just me?

I played the hell out of Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, and Urban Strike on my Sega Genesis as a young kid. I think the only one I ever beat was Urban Strike, though. There was a fun Genesis game I used to play called "G-Force" or something where you flew a F-18 or something and took off and landed on an aircraft carrier. I used to rent that game all the time at the local movie rental store. I still have my Sega and all those games and played them the last time I visited my folks; good memories. Being a kid was fun...

Users who are viewing this thread