Who else has hood corrosion???

have you seen corrosion on your hood??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I have a 2011Kona Blue GT and this is the 2nd time I will have had to get my hood repaired due to the aluminum corroding under the paint on the front edge of the hood. How many other people are having or have had this issue? Is it only on the 11 and 12 models?
IMG_20140313_172808311.jpg

IMG_20140313_172823110.jpg

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I have alittle, but is on the underside of the front of the hood so you cant see it. Havent done anything about it and prob wont until it gets real bad....out of warranty

JpL4K3

Established Member
This has been an issue since the S197 was introduced in 2005... If mine does it, ill get a Cervinis Cobra R hood or something.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
I've noticed it on mine but refuse to let the dealer touch my car so I've just been dealing with it

helli217

Established Member
I've noticed it on mine but refuse to let the dealer touch my car so I've just been dealing with it

I'm the same way. I HATE even letting someone do my state inspection. My blood pressure goes through the roof.

Nothing on mine yet, but only 4900 miles. If I do get it, I will keep on it myself with garage repair until it needs to be professionally addressed. Then I'll probably get an aftermarket hood.

nordy racer

Established Member
I had the same thing.. took my car in and my dealership took photos for management. after 3 weeks I got a new hood with freshly new paint no questions ask.

the hood is still in the box because I got a 3in cowl hood :)

scott_0

Established Member
I noticed hood corrosion on my 2011 last August, they replaced the hood under warranty in September 2013, buddy of mine just stopped by to show off his jba long tubes and off road x pipe, I asked him to pop the hood, while I was checking the headers out, he noticed his hood is corroding on his 2011

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
I have it as well in the same spots along with the paint on my rear bumper has almost completely faded. I'm just shy of 36k miles or I could have had both of them replaced under warranty. They quoted me $400 to fix the hood and $150 for the bumper.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I went to the Ford dealer today and they are gonna fix my hood again out of warranty for $75.

I have it as well in the same spots along with the paint on my rear bumper has almost completely faded. I'm just shy of 36k miles or I could have had both of them replaced under warranty. They quoted me $400 to fix the hood and $150 for the bumper.

Torchy

Established Member
I went to the Ford dealer today and they are gonna fix my hood again out of warranty for $75.

3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper; no deductible
• 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
• 5-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion Perforation
• 5-year/60,000-mile Safety Restraint Warranty

These are the warranties that came with your car. You should not have to pay.

5 year unlimited miles on corrosion

32V Stang

Established Member
• 5-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion Perforation
it needs to be perforated to be covered

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A friend of mine who had this issue, pointed out this problem out to me just a few days ago and see that it is strting to happen to mine on drivers side corner underneath..

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I tried playing that card but the car is 7 months out of warranty I'm not the original owner and its a different spot where its corroded this time so it technically isn't from the work they did the 1st time its just a problem with the hoods in general.

If they fixed it the first time. Ford makes them stand behind the work. It should be a free fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread