Who else's 03 is on "Quality Hold"?

Undy

Established Member
I was wondering how many of us are affected by the recent "quality hold" at the plant? Mine was built the week of 7/29. It's been built for almost 3 weeks and it hasn't made it out the gate..:gt: I've had the same "produced and released to convoy" message since 8/5. The last days are always the hardest.:rollseyes

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Yup. Mine due 8/4. Get the "released by foreign(?) assembly plant" message. What sux is I cancled my insurance on my 99 and picked up the cobra for sept:bash: Now i might have to reverse it. I dont mind them holding, I do mind not knowing ANYTHING:mj:

jason

03rocks

Established Member
Has anybody received there car that was built since 7/22. My ride was built 8/5 and scheduled for delivery this week. Hopefully it all pans out the way its supposed to.

gud2goe

Established Member
my min grey was built 7-29 and it is also sitting somewhere other than my garage:cuss: .......

my problem is if you call svt they say "nothing is being held."
if you call vopc they say no reason we dont know why..

does anyone have a clue what the scoup is.........i heard they had and were replacing the drive shaft????????:cryying:

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
Originally posted by gud2goe

You are exactly right! SVT is in denial and VOPC know nothing!!
:fm:

SVTDAN

Established Member
Mine was built just last week. VOPC says its on quality hold for reasons unknown to them. SVT told me it was a standard hold due to that fact they started the 2nd run. Doing a quality check on the new run?:shrug:

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Originally posted by gud2goe
my min grey was built 7-29 and it is also sitting somewhere other than my garage:cuss: .......

does anyone have a clue what the scoup is.........i heard they had and were replacing the drive shaft????????:cryying:

Auotmobile News, a weekly publication, printed a small article stating that Ford is holding ALL Cobras until they fix a "drive train problem" they have discovered in newly released Cobras.

I spoke to a person at VOPC who stated they will hold them until the "quality control problem is fixed".

Its better that they hold them now saving us the trouble of returning them to the dealer for vibration/pulling problems.

This information is confirmed. I will post the Automobile News article when I can re-locate it.

rotorhed

Established Member
Our order was "cancelled at plant on 7/26, 7/29 and 7/30". It had separate VIN's assigned to each canx. order. I assume it's now one that's on QC hold but my dealer can't get an answer from anyone either.
(Sonic Blue Coupe with Graphite (M2) interior.)

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Yeah.........Damn ...Mine Built Week of 7/29 with ETA 8/12
Torch Red Vert #2919
I had been planning to fly to Cleveland to pick it up this week....
drive it to S Fla.....Took off work from Today on.......HAHAHA
Just glad Southwest doesn't have huge mark-up for no advance purchase.......
I'm just curious if production stopped ??!!!
And I am glad that if they are fixng the drivetrain, that it will mean one less visit to Dealer Service.
I guess maybe next week I'll fly up and get it ??

demann

Established Member
I think mine must be on quality hold too. It was built on Aug. 8, and has been "releaed to the convoy carrier pending convoy shipment" ever since. According to the dealer, it was originally scheduled for delivery week of Aug. 12, then slipped to Aug 17. So far, still no car, and no real answers. This sucks! :cuss:

docs03

Established Member
hold

I'm one of those with the driveline vib problem.

I had spoke to my dealer today regarding this "new " DS that is being put out to fix the problem. Apparently on one the other threads there was a tooling problem on the machine that fabricates the DS. Once this if fixed, the DS should be of the correct specs.

I talked to my dealer today and he said that there is no "new" DS available when his parts people called Ford!! What the hell is going on!!!

Just wondering if this "hold" is the driveline problem they are trying to fix BEFORE you guys pay for your cars. This unfortunately, does not help those of us waiting to get this DS for a car we 've paid for!

Sorry for venting, but I'm beginning to lose my patience.

Let me know what you guys can find out

doc

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by POINTCOVER

Auotmobile News, a weekly publication, printed a small article stating that Ford is holding ALL Cobras until they fix a "drive train problem" they have discovered in newly released Cobras.

What issue is this from, as this would be very beneficial in explaining to the service dept's about our problem.

Last edited:

03rocks

Established Member
What do ya figure? a couple of weeks from whatever date they are released from hold before they finally make it to our homes?

All the sudden the longest couple of days just turned into the another long month. :(

gud2goe

Established Member
hey gang!!!!!!!!!!!!1
just to give you an update,,,,,,i did talk to vopc person to person and they told me that the ones that were to be deliverd between 7-29 to 8-16 have been shipped as of 8-18 and are on their way with a projected delivery date of 8-28(give or take given your locale)

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SVTDAN

Established Member
My car was just dropped off at the Dealer about 10 minutes ago.

I am to geeked!

I can finally change my signature!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTDAN
My car was just dropped off at the Dealer about 10 minutes ago.

I am to geeked!

I can finally change my signature!

What is geeked? I know I was a lot of things when my Cobra showed up at the dealer.. but I don't think Geeked was one of them. :)

SVTDAN

Established Member
I guess another word for excited!

It was my feable attempt at being original.

sapper

Established Member
So why did they sit on them for 2 weeks? Did they fix the DS problem or just think about it for 2 weeks and say f*** it, ship them the way they are.
They may of figured that only a few buyers would turn the car in for service on the DS.

They sat on the cars for a reason, so what was the result???

Users who are viewing this thread