Who else's 03 is on "Quality Hold"?

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
This week also

Mine's set for this week as well. Up further in this thread it was mentioned that 8/28 was the day, I'd expect mine the day before or the day after (somewhere around that date IOW). I sertainly hope it gets here this week, as the crappy old GM product I'm driving right now (loaner from family) is about to puke, the forward motor mount is gone and the engine feels like it's about to fall out.

I'm having the dealer call and check the "yard" in SC daily to see if it has shown up there yet. He keeps saying that he'll put a "rush" on it to get it delivered if it's in the yard, although I seriously doubt he could do anything like that. :burn:

Anyway. I'm glad Ford is putting a QC hold on the cars to get them fixed, but it sure is putting a strain on me. I was late for business appointments last week because of that car, and that won't fly.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'll pay you guys back by posting pics and videos...there aren't enough of these cars to go around.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I actually talked to the VOPC people on Fri. The person stated that ALL cars are cleared and going out. Mine was built 7/24 and finally shipped on 8/24 :burnout: They actually did have a bottle neck with shipping, thats why some 2nd run's are out before ours. FL Cobra03, and others in FL ours are going to Kentucky and then here from what they told me. ETA is late this week/early next for jax, FL.

jason

FLBuckeye

Established Member
I am getting a 2003 TOrch Red Convertible.....I would have ordered it in Florida ....but it's through an A-Plan, my uncle is a Ford Motor Co engineer in Cleveland (the car will have to be in my dad's name), and so I could only find a participating dealer in Cleveland and Detroit Area (despite getting the "broken promise" from a dealer down here that said they would do it in January ) so I scrambled and e-mailed for one in June (last ditch effort for Torch Red) and got lucky !!
So I was going to visit family Labor Day weekend anyways, and will use my 1st part of my round-trip to go to Ohio on Thursday.
and I'll drive down with one of my cousins Labor Day, I guess !!
EVERYONE, down here looks at me with disbelief when I say I am going to Ohio to get a "car".........I guess they don't understand. I figure that it's about 1200 miles.....enough to break it in.......i guess I'll switch between 5th & 6th gears a Lot.
Know anyone who does Lo-jacks ?
I'm sure you all get the "WHere's your Cobra ?" from all your friends....
TIA

PS
PATIENCE is a virtue .......or so they say !!
Just be happy they QC'd these cars so that hopefully it prevents a visit to the dealer service.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by Undy
I've heard from several credible sources that they all have shipped.. The "quality hold" was for the dreaded "pull" as well as the vibration. From what I'm told one of the rear suspension componants was the culprit, another product of the "low bid" system

If your sources are indeed correct (and I have no reason to doubt you), then that is very good news indeed for those of us who have yet to take delivery.

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread