Who else's 03 is on "Quality Hold"?

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
My salesman talked to VOPC today and there are still cobra's on hold. Mine is 1 of them, go figure. They told him to call back on Fri for an update. They would NOT tell him what they where holding them for though. So some people might want to wait a little b4 getting excited. My vin is #302281

jason

sapper

Established Member
My car was ready to ship on 8/9. As of 8/15 it had not been loaded for rail transport. My dealer told me that a trace has been placed to locate if its been shipped and if so where it is now.
My vin# is 302694 built wk 7/29

FL Cobra03

Established Member
Was expecting the car on Tuesday the 20th. But just got the call from the dealer and he let me know that the car was on hold and still in MI. I'm bummed. He couldn't give me any expected date.

Undy

Established Member
Hey Sapper!

Our cars are cousins... mine is 302695! Mines on hold.. Are you sure your dealer isn't blowing smoke up your back side and it's stuck in Dearborn too? Mine was built by 8/5 and it's still stuck at the plant!! Damn Ford!

sapper

Established Member
Undy,

The dealer got back to me yesterday. The car is still waiting for rail.:mj: I was told the car has been inspected and cleared for transport. But this has been the story for 2 weeks. The dealer claims that there is a bottle neck holding up the loading for rail...I would guess this is a result of Ford sitting on them for QC.
So what are you getting?
Mine is Sonic Blue Coupe with Parchment. After hearing how many Sonic Blue's were ordered, I now wish I had ordered my second choice, White. Oh well, wife wanted blue and is tired of my getting white vehicles all the time.

FLBuckeye

Established Member
you'll be much happier with Sonic Blue......It's definitely the color of choice for the near future....I guarantee you will not be disappointed.......I haven't seen a Cobra in person with that, but in S Fla with the sunshine that color is definitely UNIQUE on the other cars with that ( I think it adds a lot for your $$$) ...
I had a toss up between Sonic Blue and Torch Red.......tried to get samples of Sonic Blue in Februrary and all I could find was a
"Baby Blue" colored guitar ( I searched yahoo for "Sonic Blue")
HAHHA
DAMN Sonic Blue is SHARP !!!
But I think I'll be happy with Torch Red too......
Anyone here have any updates ??
Somehow I can't see a "bottle-neck for shipping" holding up 150 Cobras.....I think they did more "Quality Control" than most of us will ever know.
Anyone that has received a "Held" Cobra , what was your build date ? ETA Delivery Date ?
TIA

Undy

Established Member
sapper,

I've got a zinc tellow coupe coming.. I've already got a Lightning pulley, UPR CAI, JDM chip, 03 Bassani catted X-pipe, FR500 cat-back & TR6 plugs sittin' in the garage waiting. Nobody knows when it'll show up..

demann

Established Member
It's here today !!!!

My Cobra came in today! I am going to pick it up tonight if all goes well. :beer:

It was ordered in late April. It was scheduled to be built the week of August 5th, and was actually built on August 8th. It was originally scheduled to be delivered the week of August 12th, and then rescheduled to August 17th.

So basically it is 1 week late. It was never specifically stated that it was on quality hold, either by the VOPC automated line, or by the dealer's online order status system. But I felt like it must have been held back a week for some sort of QC reason. Or maybe it was delayed for some other reason. Who knows?

I hope all the rest of you that are waiting on your cars get them soon.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
If indeed this QC hold is for a drive line problem, I would be willing to bet it is for the DS. Those of us that have cars w/ the "vibe" problem are currently waiting for the new DS's to come. Presently, they are on national back order. I would also suspect that the new shafts would go to production, first, since it makes more sense. (So they don't have to hold up the line, can get more of the cars sold, etc.) Not that it makes us guys that are waiting for our replacement DS's happy about it, but it would make sense. Hope you all get your cars soon!!

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Got the call today (8/26 @ 0900 hrs) from my dealer. No details but this is the status according to my sales guy:

"The Cobras have been released for shipping with the drivetrain problem corrected"

My expected delivery date is THIS WEEK!!:D

Model TNT

Established Member
...my dealer, who are great people but kept in the
dark by the Mother Ship, had no idea what the quality
control holdup was, but that many many cars were
sitting around in the dead zone. I downloaded many
of the posts from this web site to help out dealer,
figured if I gave them the info up front, no way could
they say they weren't aware of the tick, drive shaft,
alignment, and other gremlins, and they can look for them
when they get the car. If the car starts going into a seizure,
emitting fluids and swallows its air filter, they were indeed
pre-advised. :idea:

Great detective work, everyone.

Jim/New Jersey

Undy

Established Member
I've heard from several credible sources that they all have shipped.. The "quality hold" was for the dreaded "pull" as well as the vibration. From what I'm told one of the rear suspension componants was the culprit, another product of the "low bid" system.. It seems that virtually all the problems thus far are from Ford's vendors, non Ford proper. I just can bring myself to be too pissed off at them with that in mind. I also can't fault Ford for wanting to "fix" them before they leave. I wouldn't want to have to pay a dealer for something I could fix myself for a lot less money.. It'll all be a forgotten memory once we have them.

demann

Established Member
FWIW, if my car was held back a week for QC reasons, they got it right. It has NO pull, and NO high speed vibration. If feels great, and is the best handling car I have ever driven.

FL Cobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by POINTCOVER
Got the call today (8/26 @ 0900 hrs) from my dealer. No details but this is the status according to my sales guy:

"The Cobras have been released for shipping with the drivetrain problem corrected"

My expected delivery date is THIS WEEK!!:D

Great to hear!! I cant wait for mine!

FLBuckeye

Established Member
GOt the Call today !!!!!!!!.......the 2003 torch Red Vert is in the Cleveland Dealers lot........Now I just have to wait for Thursday to fly up to Ohio from S Fla........
This car is all about teaching patience ......right ??!!
VIN # 302919 Build 7/29 Original ETA 8/12

FL Cobra03

Established Member
FL Buckeye - What color did you order? coupe or vert?

Why are you going all the way to Ohio for one. Didn't any of the dealers locally have allocation?

Ray
Black Convertible on order - hopefully very soon!

rotorhed

Established Member
Weird, our original order # has disappeared from VOPC computers. (3 canx. build dates & VIN's from 7/29-7/30)
Our dealer had ordered a Coupe for their stock and changed it to Sonic Blue in case our Coupe was "delayed".
It turns out the dealers stock vehicle is being built next week ("locked in for week of 9/2) while the original order from early May has vanished.
Dealer is rather pizzed off to due to the difficulty in getting answers regarding the delay/cancelled dates.
This is Ford's last chance at our business.....

Users who are viewing this thread