Who has a stock 93 cobra?

dbrennancobra

Established Member
COOL, Very Cool!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^A "one time only part" for your car. Yes, other filters had this info. at this exact time in 1993, but I would venture to say all, or maybe 99.999% have been thrown in a trash can long ago.

R

I now have one! and this is NEVER going to make its way into a trash! Proud owner of an original 1993 oil filter! Thanks again TIM "goose17"
Check it out! all original with detail sticker, blue paint marking, black text stamping "30219932", Grey paint and embossed raised motorcraft lettering!
oil 1.JPG
oil 2.JPG
:coolman:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I now have one! and this is NEVER going to make its way into a trash! Proud owner of an original 1993 oil filter! Thanks again TIM "goose17"
Check it out! all original with detail sticker, blue paint marking, black text stamping "30219932", Grey paint and embossed raised motorcraft lettering!
View attachment 27881
View attachment 27882
:coolman:

WOW!! This thread was pulled back from past history!! Congrats on the filter find, that is nice!! Definitely a "correct original" MCA judged item vs. a "correct replacement".

I was digging through one of my garage cabinets recently and found a correct original MOTORCRAFT battery core from one of these cars that was drained and stored years ago. <<This is another item that is a little more visible under the hood and was usually turned in as a core and long gone, but is a Very Cool item to stick in place at a MCA judged show.

R

Last edited:

dbrennancobra

Established Member
I still have the original filter on, and oil in my 93R, it only has 380 (or so) original miles. The oil has not been used enough for heat break-down, the engine has no blow-by for combustion chamber bi-product contamination, the oil is still clear as new oil would be and feels like new oil would feel. The engine, by its miles is not to the "break-in oil" change point yet. At this rate the car will have its original oil at 20 years old!! I wonder if original oil counts toward MCA judged points? ; )

R

So does it still have its origional oil in it? 8 years later after you posted this?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So does it still have its origional oil in it? 8 years later after you posted this?

I sold my 93R #51/107 for $70K back in 2009 when the market was Red Hot. It had 457 original miles at that time, plastic on the seats, stickers and markall markings on the windows and still had the original oil filter (and I assume original oil) at that time when it was 15 years old.

I did drive that 93R a little bit, I bought it in 2003 for $40K with 178 original miles, so I put more miles on it 5 years than it had since it was new 10 years before.

That car was a Great investment, 5 year ownership for me, $30K clear profit and in reality, it was not a "classic Mustang", it was a 15 year old rare example of a Mustang at that time and was $26,995 MSRP just 15 years earlier.

R

Last edited:

Ithnu

Established Member
My 1993 Cobra has aftermarket exhaust (a relatively quiet set) and 3.55s. Otherwise stock down to the paper air filter. I even put in a working tape deck from a junkyard.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I just replaced my airbox this week and recreated the white X.

Ithnu

Established Member
Ithnu, does it have the original X wax pen mark on the air intake box?

Not sure. It's stored and covered right now. Where would that be located on the air box? Top, side, etc.

*And it doesn't have the air silencer. Those things are pointless anyway.

Last edited:

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
I have a black on black with bbk headers, stock pipe, flow masters, original tails, 355 gears, original freon, original antifreeze, only oil, tires, and air filter changed.30000 mile just hit.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Mine is all original except the MagnaFlow catback and a K&N. I have the original exhaust sitting in my attic for safekeeping.

TFStang

Established Member
It is definitely one off the assembly line for a 1993 cobra...know why? Because I bought the car new (original owner of the car #2232 AND I look it off myself at 500 miles and put it in a bag!! :-D If anyone would like a picture of an original oil filter I would be glad to post one for you. :thumbsup:

Now that's a car guy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread