Who has had a oh sh!t moment while making a turn on street,water,dirt

Jroc

Established Member
I've had more than a few oh shit moments in my Mustangs. None in my L. One time it got a little tail happy on me on a slightly damp road, but I quickly let off the gas B/F anything bad happened.

People like to complain that L's are a bad poor weather vehicle, and can get away from you easy do to it's power, etc. I'm like try driving even a semi-powerful 79-04 Mustang. Compared to them a L is an amazingly good poor weather vehicle, and stays way more composed when spinning tires.

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
I bought my 01L in July of 2001 and not more than a few weeks later I found you better be really careful turning a corner on a wet city street as the rear end can come loose easliy on a wet slick surface.

rvm

Established Member
Almost hit the side of a building once after giving a bit too much gas while making a left turn. That was the first time and it really caught me by surprise. I know better now so that's not going to happen again. .

fruhdaddy

Established Member
not in this truck with the amount of torque it makes. Real easy to lose control and end up bad.

4a7191a

Established Member
ive never had a problem with the lightning. the mach on the other hand has almost killed me several times. lol

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
sometimes in the truck when i made a turn but it's when the truck hits into second gear that it can side slip at times. But that's why i drive slow on turns when it's wet out.

The cobra, i remember driving on a back road (never drive it in the rain but it stopped for that morning and suppose to be nice for the day) but someone was driving pretty slow. Straight road, no cars, road still alittle wet, so i give it some gas in 6th gear, i didn't floor it. Start to pass the car and give it a little more gas, the second it hit 5lbs of boost, i feel the Nitto 555R's start to spin and i'm staying right beside the car. I barely let off the gas and decided to stay behind the car.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
never had an issue with my Lightning when I had it...only had my mach get away from me once and it was 100% driver induced stupidity

WOT 88

Established Member
I was trying to beat a yellow arrow one rainy night while making a left turn in my 99 L. Got a little happy with the gas on final approach, and broke the rear tires loose mid turn. The truck did two complete 360's and I ended up at the other side of the light, facing the wrong direction and door to door with a black expedition. Window rolled down, driver flashed a badge and pointed to the store across the street. It was a cop. Got a wreckless driving ticket but it was dropped fortunately.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was doing about 50 mph (10 UNDER THE LIMIT) in the rain on a 4-lane road, hit a expansion joint, and the rear end got nice and squirrely. I decided to slow down even more after that.

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
I've had a few instances making right turns and hitting a few dips in the road, the rearend in my truck is solid and it will slip right around.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I've accidently fishtailed in my Mustangs more times than I can count on my hands and feet, I've only done a 180 once. It was luckily in a neighborhood and no one was around except a couple frat douchbags sitting on their porch. I stopped a few inches before slamming into the curb.

yankswon96

Established Member
Just bought my 03 about 2 months ago, 38,000 miles on truck, about 1,200 on motor.1st day out made a left turn and found out just how strong these truucks are. No accident but definetly an oh sh%t moment.

Users who are viewing this thread