Who has installed ID2000's on a Coyote?

Doug1227

Established Member
Are they all Denso plug configuration instead of USCAR? Am I understanding correctly that I'll need to not only change the plug ends on the injector harness, but also clearance the Denso plug ends so they won't hit the aluminum edge of the head? I don't see any other way around it. For what it's worth, I'm running a KB3.6 but I don't think it matters since it's hitting the head. Please share your experience if you've done these.... Thanks in advance!

Doug1227

Established Member
Ok. I'm dealing with HPP on this as well and that's what they told me I needed to do. If you're going to ask them, I'm sure you'll get the same answer. I just can't believe this injector is marketed for our application when you have to remove 1/2 of the plug to barely get it to fit. I'll link a couple of pics below to illustrate.

Doug1227

Established Member
PADPDtoU-800x600.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
To get them to fit, you have to remove the entire outer part of the Denso plug on the left and leave just the center part and the one retaining clip. Using the adapters would help, but you'd still have to clearance the Denso fitting.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Yea you need to file down the plug a little bit to make it fit otherwise it's like impossible to get them to clip on.

Kind of sucks but the injectors work great. It's really not that much of a to do

Doug1227

Established Member
File it down? I had to cut the entire outer ring off it. Am I missing something? The injector sits right up against the edge of the head making it impossible to get on. The orientation of the plug on the injector puts the bigger part of the plug on the bottom. I'd like to see someone else's modified Denso connector to see if I did it right. There's nothing to really keep it connected which is the root of my problem. I keep getting a miss because it's coming loose.

ID2000_small_no_logo.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
I think I've discovered the issue. It's further compounded by the fact that I'm running a KB3.6LC and I'm unable to rotate the injector off of the edge of the head because it hits the A/W intercooler. The USCAR fitting is smaller and will clear. I was running FRPP 80's before this and they worked fine. Many people are running ID1000's, which are dimensionally the same as ID1300's.

Doug1227

Established Member
Hard to see here, but the injector is shrouded by the intercooler. Either you go high and straight like I did with the FRPP 80's or you go low and rotated like you have to do with the ID's. The USCAR fitting is just bigger so you can't squeeze it in there.

DSC_0587.jpg

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Here's what I had to do to my DW 1500's, which is the same body as the 1300's. Both are made by Bosch. only difference is the hat(top part).

A local guy with the 1300's had to cut out recesses in his boss. I decided to file mine, so i could twist them enough to fit in.

either way, it sucks.

D5D1EACF-C6F1-4BC7-8A3F-CC74E6CAD88A_1.jpg
2929896D-8972-4F73-BB39-F883EEE7AF81.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
when we order the 2000's and 1300's for customers, we offer the option of a split spacer vs single piece top hat. this lets the injector seat better in they coyotes by getting the connector off of the intake. this allows easier access to the connector and lets the injector rotate more if needed

we have been doing this for years, and recently ID started offering it as an option directly as well

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Ok. I'm dealing with HPP on this as well and that's what they told me I needed to do. If you're going to ask them, I'm sure you'll get the same answer. I just can't believe this injector is marketed for our application when you have to remove 1/2 of the plug to barely get it to fit. I'll link a couple of pics below to illustrate.

Small world...

Running E-85?

Doug1227

Established Member
Do you mean below the injector or the purple piece? I would need the injector to be higher, but the overall height to remain the same so that the rails can bolt down. Do you have a pic you can reference?

when we order the 2000's and 1300's for customers, we offer the option of a split spacer vs single piece top hat. this lets the injector seat better in they coyotes by getting the connector off of the intake. this allows easier access to the connector and lets the injector rotate more if needed

we have been doing this for years, and recently ID started offering it as an option directly as well

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't have a pic, but yes, your right on point

instaed of having 1 large adapter on top,

you have 2 adapters that are about 1/2 the size, one goes on the bottom, one goes on the top, essentially raising the injector up, but the overall height is the same

Doug1227

Established Member
Got it. Does raising the injector up affect the spray pattern of the injector? I assumed increasing the distance from the intake runner might cause issues. Sounds like it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread