Who has made the longest drive?

Stater212

Established Member
Pure curiosity and would be a cool topic. Who has made the longest drive to pick up a cobra and actually drove her home?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
AdamSVT picked his mystichrome up from Tennessee and drove it to Arizona. Thats the longest I've heard of.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It'd be hard to make a drive, then drive it back.. I'd bet most fly then drive :poke:

rymax101

Established Member
I found a great deal on one back in February. I flew up to Portland, bought the car, then drove it back to Little rock. Came out to be just shy of 2300 miles.

MG0h3

Established Member
I rented a pickup from enterprise, loaded my zx10r in the back and drove 1150 miles from El Paso to San Jose. Literally drove the cobra less than five miles and just looked it over in the bank parking lot. Dude did the same with my bike. Dropped the rental at a local enterprise and drove 1150 miles back.

I think I was more nervous on the way out with my bike. It was strapped down well but still, you're always looking in the mirror.

Seller had to drive like 5 hrs down to San Jose to meet me as well. The fact that everything worked out so well is amazing. Neither of us had any gripes about either vehicle and the price was set before we met.

funmoneypit

Established Member
Not a Cobra but when I sold my '06 GT, a guy came all the way from Washington state to me in Michigan. I picked him up with the car at the airport. We did the transaction at my bank. One problem he had was our Secretary of State office didn't take charge or debit cards (now they do) so he had no way of getting it in his name or getting a temp plate on it. I finally just let him leave my plate on it and asked him to send it back which he did. It was about 2300 miles back for him. That's more miles in one drive than I ever put on the car in a year.

03' White Snake

Established Member
My car was shipped from AZ to CT and I drove it home from there to MA.

As far as long drives, I have driven the car to MustangWeek several times, 880 miles each way, about 13-14 hrs straight. Its about 2200 miles in one week including driving around down there.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not sure exact mileage. But I picked mine up in VA and drove it back to Ohio. It was a blast.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Flew to Arkansas and drove her back to Texas about a 10 hour drive, it was a good first experience in the car. I was Impressed by the fuel mileage.

cj428mach

Established Member
I drove my 7-8 SB car back from Arkansas and the weather and scenery was perfect. I drove with the windows down a lot of the time which is something i never do.

My OW car was under 100 miles from home so it was a quick trip.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Definitely not the farthest but picking up mine was a trek for a day. Me and a buddy left my place at 1:30am to drive to Oklahoma and pick up the cobra and turned right around and drove it back that day. 1154 miles later (round trip) I got back home with the car around 10:30pm.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Longest drive was from port Jeff LI to Atco raceway raced all day & drove back to LI.about 400 miles.If you're talking about buying,I bought mine new less than 5 miles away.

BMSTNG

Established Member
I flew into NY with my wife, we met the seller at JFK airport and bought my 04 Cobra, with 3,600 miles on it. We then drove about 500 miles to Virginia, put it on the auto train and took a train ride overnight to Sanford, FL. From there we dove 200 miles home. It was an awesome trip and experience we had a great time.

Last edited:

TxCobra76

Established Member
Me and my wife left east Texas on a Friday night at 6:00.Drove to North Carolina bought the cobra and turned around and drove back. Got back home at 6:00 on a Sunday. About a 28 hour round trip drive.I would do again in a heartbeat.... My wife though might take a little more convincing this time. Lol

Bigggy

Established Member
Picked it up about 13h away from home. Drove down there the first time, had missing papers, bought the car anyway, drove back home empty handed. 3 weeks later, flew in, took the car and drove it back home on cheesy/sliced tires that was on it for storage, but I'm still alive haha. It was near Windsor Ontario, almost in Detroit.

Users who are viewing this thread