• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Who here doesn't have a truck?

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by IronSnake, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Want to play a game? Staff Member Super Moderator

New EB’s are fine. My 2.7 uses nothing in between the 5K change.

me32 likes this.
  2. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak in my butt Established Member

Only reason I have one is because my job supplies me with a free one

mysticsvt and Mpoitrast87 like this.
  3. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Lol. Me call you old. Maybe on a Sunday lol.

You really like that electric steering over the power steering in you OLD F150 lol. Cooling seats are sweet deal. Have them in my fusion. Never knew how much i would enjoy them till i got them.

4. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Want to play a game? Staff Member Super Moderator

The electric steering is unreal. I just move my wives Escape to cut the grass, and I’m like, nope, can’t go back.

lexustech48 and me32 like this.
  5. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

See what happens you get spoiled. So when its time to replace that escape you will be getting a full loaded edge.

6. Tractorman

Tractorman Obama hates seafood Established Member

Most of the people saying they "need" a truck would be better off with a minivan.

7. mysticsvt

mysticsvt southernmustangandford Premium Member Established Member

My friend just picked up this 2020 66K black on black on black on black special edition of some sort Dodge Truck....this thing is amazing from the pics. Gonna swing by in the am to show it to me.

8. Coiled03

Coiled03 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Oh, I enjoy it for sure. It's the first vehicle I've ever driven from brand new. I usually enjoy the ride. It's pretty damn fast for a truck (3.5L EB). And some of the features are hella nice.

I just feel kind of weird never utilizing it in it's typical use cases. That said, I think the role of a truck has transitioned beyond that of just hauling things. They've become family vehicles in many cases.

9. black92

black92 Hot rod Lincoln Established Member

No truck here and if I need one, my FIL is close by.

10. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

roy_1031, tones_RS3 and IronSnake like this.
  11. nxhappy

nxhappy Vette Killer Established Member

I did the same thing. Sold my 15 F150 ecoboost. Bought my Stang. Now tomorrow the stang is gone and sold LOL. Bought another F150 already. However, I am moving and will need this truck. Moral of the story....once you have a good truck ....you will always be used to having a truck. That's just the way it is. Sounds like you need a cheap truck !

lexustech48 likes this.
  12. 2814v

2814v Active Member Established Member

I’m a rural guy, not having a truck is like not having a gun(or a few dozen)never gonna happen.

13. SVTdreamin04

SVTdreamin04 What's a "Termi"??? Premium Member Established Member

That pretty much sums it up for me. A few years back, I sold my standard cab 05 Cummins. Literally, the day I sold it, and only an hour without a truck, my wife calls to say she needs to use the truck to move some chairs and tables.

I couldn't even go a full day without needing a truck after selling one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lexustech48 and mysticsvt like this.
  14. IronSnake

IronSnake Permanently apathetic Established Member

Thanks Brotha, I'll keep that in mind. So far, so good.

I've already looked at a few beaters. Just waiting for the right one to come along.

mysticsvt likes this.
  15. IronSnake

IronSnake Permanently apathetic Established Member

So as an update, day 3 of driving the handmedown Elantra. With the whole Saudi/Iran thing going on and gas potentially jumping, it appears I made a good move if gas does jump. Averaging about 32mpg to work. Filled it up monday afternoon for a whopping 20 dollars, and have easily put 75 miles on it already. It just now dropped by 1/10th of the gas gauge (it's digital with dashes). In terms of a back and forth to work, bluetooth/moonroof/power everything/heated seats/gas mileage/cold AC, I can't complain. I'll be able to go 2 weeks on 20 bucks. The F150 did 60 a week.

I think a truck is a good idea, but we can't spend money on one right now since we just dropped coin to get out of the F150 and into the Honda. It'll give me some time without and I can see if it's truly a need and not a want. If I can manage through borrowing/renting, then I may just stick with that. My old man pointed out I'd have a truck, the civic, the elantra, and the mustang. Seems a bit excessive for just two people. lol.

16. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I have property that I don't live on so I carry a weed eater and diesel jug in the truck when I go out there to cut grass. I prefer to put plants, bags of mulch or dirt in the back of the truck and not in the back of the wife's Explorer. I've loaded up the mower and weed eater to go cut my mom's grass when they were out of town.

17. mysticsvt

mysticsvt southernmustangandford Premium Member Established Member

Yeah if you drive a lot and you do then understandable. I live right next door to Bosch so it literally takes me 5 minutes. Think I have like 9,000 miles and that's with 3 trips to West Florida. You do what's best for you and your family, all you can do.

IronSnake likes this.
  18. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

I've never owned a truck, but I've owned 3 SUVs. Now THAT, I miss. My G70 is a blast to drive, but I surely miss the storage capability and ruggedness of an SUV.

19. VegasMichael

VegasMichael Well-Known Member Established Member

Never once for a second thought about getting a truck. When I bought my house I had a Crown Vic which had a cavernous trunk and now have the SUV with plenty of room. If I move to Florida in a couple years I might consider it because I enjoy fishing a lot and don't want the smells that come from fishing in the vehicle.

20. blownstang4.6

blownstang4.6 Active Member Established Member

Never had one. Don't need one. No one in my family has ever had one. Have a rental property and my own house and get around without one perfectly fine. Have borrowed an SUV or van 6 times in 4 years that I've owned both properties.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019