Who is running the stock halfshafts at the track with NO problems?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Just curious. I know they arent the best, but I think they are strong enough. Whos running the stockers at the track with no problems so far? How many passes? Thanks.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Ive been running my stockers since May of 2003, modded since day 1, 450whp + since June of 03, Apten 500whp since december of 2003. Havent had any issues so far.

The only one I did break was on the street when I was spinning and hit a pothole. That was my fault.

If you wheelhop alot, expect to break them, otherwise I think your pretty safe to say the least. Even if I did break one at this point I would throw another stocker in, they are cheap anyways.

If I had to put a # on it, I would guess 200 + track passes. Ive had both DR's F1's and ET Streets on the car. If this is any info for you. I have a buddy who had a 100% Stock IRS including shafts who has over 20-25 passes on ET Streets all in the low 1.6 area.

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Stock halfshafts, about 60 passes, no problems so far(hope I didnt just jinx myself)

Second time out on BFG DRs netted me a 1.7 60' w/ 3k clutch dump. I think as long as you hook and dont wheelhop your fine.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Stock half shafts, 34,000 miles, with probably more than 100 1/4 mile passes. Kenne bell runs sence May. No problems, still running F-1's though. My best 60' are in the 1.9 range. :mj:

Roush9703

Established Member
there are 11000 miles on my car. its been modded with a 2.75 pulley since 3000 miles, and around 20 1/4 passes. the stock rear is hanging in great, of course i havent gotten an wheel hop at the track and if i get any on the street immediately get out of the it.

rACeRs

Established Member
Im still running the stock halfshafts with no probelms yet. But ive only made 10 or so. Is the diff brace a must? Or does that only happen when the car wheel hops too?

TRBO VNM

stock half shafts here as well. run street tires or drag radials and no issue with wheel hop at all. my tires just spin when on street tires. All I have done is springs. I am very grateful. getting ready to shoot for 10's as well once I get a tune.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
low 11's, et streets, and stock half shafts.

no brace, no suspension, no nothing, full weight (3800+ pounds with me).

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
Stock half shafts, 34,000 miles, with probably more than 100 1/4 mile passes. Kenne bell runs sence May. No problems, still running F-1's though. My best 60' are in the 1.9 range. :mj:

DAMN! :eek:
i can't imagine a KB cobra with F1's.....hell, i can't even imagine a stock Terminator with F1's cuz i had my nitto d/r's put on when i picked up the car. do yourself a favor and atleast put on some d/r's.

redstaf426

Established Member
I've been going to the track since beginning of the yr. once or twice every week,made literally hundreads of runs with my stock half shafts,my ETs(1/8th) best so far is 7.66 at 91.40 mph with 1.7xx 60fts,I have hopped and spinned numorous times with the stock rear end with the stock half shafts,but everytime it start to hope or spinn,I just let off and give up the run.
Cus it's pointless to go on anyway cus the 60fts is screwed,I say if you do the same thing...just let off when it's stating to hop and spin,only keep going when you hook up right out of the hole,the stock half shafts should not be a problem.....Oh yeah,I also granny shift,no quick or power shifting at all,so I don't spinn or hop in 2nd and 3rd either,this is the reason why I think my stock trans input shaft and clutch are still intact,too.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
No problems here as well about 75 passes this year & 20 last year on both the F1's & ET streets- I've seen 3 halfshafts go in Cobras at the track this year - all due to wheelhop!

Like everyone says if you start to get wheelhop Get the F*ck off the gas!

Users who are viewing this thread