Who makes a top mount turbo or twin turbo header/kit

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
So I decided I finally had enough of heat soak issue. I want to get rid of the blower all together.

I'm wondering who makes headers for a single or twin front/top mount setup?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
With the C&R you're still having heat soak issues? Not sure if hellion is what your looking for but I would think with the weight of these cars, compound boost would be your friend.

breoland

Established Member
Roush makes a 96oz tank that replaces the stock one
It's 3 times the size and more coolant and it looks like stock
You should add that if you didn't already and maybe a bigger radiator.

What kind of driving are you doing that you are getting heat soak?

rlhay2

Established Member
If you want a top mount twin turbo setup, the options are rather limited.

CPRsm has for the 5.4 GT500s that works very well. Just bear in mind it will not be inexpensive.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Yes I'm still having heat issues. My car retards timing so bad and I just had enough. I have all the cooling mods. I do all kinds of driving from city, highway and track. Was thinking about going with the killer chiller to help. My goal in the end is turbo. It's a lot more efficient compared to these blowers. I'm just getting as much info as I can for next winter.

Compound boost sounds like more headache, the blower being a restriction. What's the point when you can achieve big numbers without it.

This CPR kit, what are we talking expensive?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Add a ice box to the trunk if its bothering you that much. You shouldn't be getting heat soaked that bad with just the 2.4" only. Even turbos generate heat ...its normal to have your timing knocked down 2* when iats rise.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
An ice box in the trunk? How does that work? I'm not just pulling 2*. I'm pulling 6-8 depending on the day. My iat2 is 140's just cruising. Just now I got on it and iat2 is at 160+ After a hard pull from 30-130.

In the end I want to go turbo. Big power and more efficient.

SuperFly03

Established Member
Something sounds wrong. I had mine in Texas with a 2.4 and 10% and cruising iats were 120 on a 100-105* day. Pull hard and you got to 135ish.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
You need to check your setup. I have basically this setup, sans now I run the BPS elbow and 73 TB, and my temps are lower...much lower. I'm in Miami ! Even at the track my temps only get to 130 on the burnout. I run a Steeda H/E w/10inch fans. I would tell you to check your intercooler flow. I had that issue and my temps were at were yours are now. The coolant would flow and stop, and it ended up that I had air in the system. Start there.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
How do you find out about air in the system? It could be possible I guess. I also agree, it don't add up and I mentioned it to my wife that I have crazy temps in 75* weather and people are running fine in Texas on 100* ambient.

I also tired swapping out the old brass iat2 with the newer plastic and it still didn't change anything.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Can u switch to E85?

I can but it's not convenient enought. Closest one is a half hour away. My buddy actually went to e85 over the same issues and still was getting crazy IAT's. He ended up going and turning off that fail safe in the computer so it always runs set amount of timing, no matter what temp it is. He just won't do pulls if the temp is above x amount. He also lives 30 seconds away from that e85 pump though

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Have you tried replacing your IAT2 sensor? I think I saw that Van said they fail a lot and are cheap to replace.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Theres two small relays in the fuse panel on passenger side. on my 12 the one closest to the firewall/passengerside fender is for the intercooler pump..you jump from rear in board to front outboard to fire the pump with a jumper wire. This will flow the system and see if you have any air in the lines. I have also seen lines kinked reduce flow and rise iats. Go over the entire system...something isnt working properly.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Theres two small relays in the fuse panel on passenger side. on my 12 the one closest to the firewall/passengerside fender is for the intercooler pump..you jump from rear in board to front outboard to fire the pump with a jumper wire. This will flow the system and see if you have any air in the lines. I have also seen lines kinked reduce flow and rise iats. Go over the entire system...something isnt working properly.

I have a manual switch for mine already setup for when I shut off the car I thought there was something else that could add air bubbles. So I guess that's good too. The switch runs my pump and fans.

As far as meth, I'm not going to cover it up with another bandaid and have to FI fill something up. My mind is pretty much set on the turbo/s

SuperFly03

Established Member
TBH, take to an everyday garage or a dealer and just ask them to check out the cooling system. What's the worst that could happen? You're out $100 and some time and still go turbos or someone finds the problem, fixes it, costs you $100 but saves you thousands.

Just my two cents on the big picture. If you just want turbos period then hey, go for it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
PM sent. You definitely won't miss the blower once you have a set of twins on there.

Users who are viewing this thread