WHo wants in on a GP or billet flow pullies?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
cpu77 said:
Would this include the metco x10 upper pulley?

Did I miss something? Since when did Metco become involved in a Billetflow GP? Haha, all pullies are Billetflow, inlcuding the upper blower drive and hub.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
mblgjr said:
I assume this is in reference to me?

I've tried to isolate it many times, but its very random. I know its in the idler sytem. It's not the alternator, nothing is rubbing, its not the blower, it did it with both the stock belt and a Gatorback.

From personal experience, it sounds like a dry bearing, very high pitched, "squeeky" not grumbly.

Sounds like a set of worn out V-groove pulley system on a Chevy 350, haha. :p

Try a gates belt. I had a similar problem, and that fixed it. I thought it was a bearing as well.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Try a gates belt. I had a similar problem, and that fixed it. I thought it was a bearing as well.

Well, I thought about that, but it did it on the stock belt too.

Thanks for the tip.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Mine was doing it also on the stock belt.

Strange, I'll definitely try that out. Kinda funny, I thought Goodyear was bragging about being "the quiet belt". I guess not.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I contacted doug several times through PM's, and he helped me to trouble shoot it. I got to the point were I put the stock lower most idler pulley on and listened for the squeek...still there. Then I put it back on, and did the same thing with each additional pulley, and removed the idler...squeek still there. I then changed the belt, and the squeek has been gone ever since. The sound was very similar to what my tensioner sounded like on my 98 cobra when it went south.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I will say this though, if you have not eliminated all of your pullies or your tensioner, I would do that first before buying a belt.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I just want an excuse for some blingin' idlers and a nice tensioner!

It is annoying though, sounds so cheap when you roll up with a squealing underhood noise.

whtsnake03

Established Member
04silversnake said:
I am interested in 2.93, 4 pullie kit and puller. I'm leaning towards anodized red. Any advise if it would look good or tacky? Car is silver.
I would go with silver or black. Just my opinion.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
dougwg said:
FYI.... we have had the special price of $555 shipped for

1) S/C pulley
1) 4 Pulley Snub Idler and Bracket Kit
1) Pulley Puller, install tool w/Hub removal plate

Normal price would be $574.90 + shipping

So this is the price for the group purchase? Do we need the pulley puller, install tool w/Hub removal plate if we are getting the job done at a shop?

What is the price without?

thanks,
Crowley

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you have a silver car, I would go with silver pullies. If you have a 10th anniv. car and have the red interior accents, then you could get the redfire pullies, but they wouldn't match....I'd stick with silver.

Users who are viewing this thread