Who would buy this Cobra?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
That's a shame they "salvaged" the title. Not sure it deserves that fate. It sure doesn't look totaled to me. But since it does have a salvage title, it's worth the parts on it...nothing more.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I wouldnt pay more then 10k for it. Hey it looks likes a members car thats on here. I remember when he wrecked it. Dont remember who though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The reserve on it is probably $15,800. Most sellers who state a Reserve and Buy-It-Now price usually have them the same. If that is the case here, it is WAY too high for this car. It will require a few thousand dollars in repairs so personally I wouldn't pay more than $8-9000. for it. (Then again, I wouldn't buy it period.) The fact that it has a salvage title is always going to be a problem when reselling. So I'm factoring that in.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Is that a

poopstain.bmp

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
a salvage title enables you to get plates and drive the car again. it just denotes to future owners that it was heavily damaged.

a salvage title does NOT mean that the car cant see street use again.

FireRed04Vert said:
That's a shame they "salvaged" the title. Not sure it deserves that fate. It sure doesn't look totaled to me. But since it does have a salvage title, it's worth the parts on it...nothing more.

03yellow

Established Member
2003 Cobra = $26,000
Salavge title (divide by 2) = $13,000
$13,000 less damage repair = ????

$5,000 might be a little high ;-)

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
very deceitful showing the KBB web page for $28,460. That car is no where near retail condition.

Looks like he forgot to mention the driver side exhaust is damaged (or simply missing).

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the cowl is damaged from the front impact. thats what totals it. she's hurtin for certain. that car would never be the same again, but it could theoretically be rebuilt if you worked at a body shop and the heavy hit guy likes your beer.

and yes thats poop on the seat because the driver was just told what a bath he's going to take on the car. totalling out a car you owe money on sucks.

oldmodman

Established Member
But the most amazing thing about the car is that it has NO MODs with 25K showing on the odometer. Maybe I'm spoiled after being on this site for so long, but who the hell leaves their Cobra "virginal" after that many miles. And it still has the original tires!

apollo7

Established Member
h777 said:

I guess it depends on your situation. If you can't/won't afford a used '03 and have some mechanical ability - this could be your project car. No one is going to want to buy it used from you with a salvage title, but if you want to have some fun and put a load of miles on your cobra - they will all lose value eventually.

I'm only slightly better than a mechanical retard, but I can swap out a hood, bumper covers, fender, replace the exhaust and prep the thing for paint. If you can as well, then go for it.

HHSSSSS

Established Member
CobraBob said:
The reserve on it is probably $15,800. Most sellers who state a Reserve and Buy-It-Now price usually have them the same. If that is the case here, it is WAY too high for this car. It will require a few thousand dollars in repairs so personally I wouldn't pay more than $8-9000. for it. (Then again, I wouldn't buy it period.) The fact that it has a salvage title is always going to be a problem when reselling. So I'm factoring that in.

what he said.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
a salvage title enables you to get plates and drive the car again. it just denotes to future owners that it was heavily damaged.

a salvage title does NOT mean that the car cant see street use again.

I've rebuilt several vehicles with salvage titles. A salvage title only means that certain damage requirements have been met that require it be listed as salvage...and not necessarily that the damage estimate of repairs is high enough to total the vehicle. i.e. certain panels and structures regardless of total damage. That looks to be the case here. Yes, you can have the vehicle inspected and re-licensed after the repairs are done, but the title will always follow the vehicle. You will never be able to trade it in to a dealer or sell it to someone without disclosing that.

Personally, I think this would make an excellent race car for someone...but the price needs to be right.

Users who are viewing this thread