who would you use to tune your car???

Status
Not open for further replies.

delly

Established Member
team jdm in freehold or mustang magic in ny to tune your car who would you guys recommend and why? thx

Blueline

Established Member
I used Kevin Hand at Sansone Ford, Wicked Motorsports in Freehold. I could not be happier with my tune and the way the car runs. PM if you have any other questions bud :beer:

eaglesnick

Established Member
Jon Lund is excellent, have heard good things about Big Daddy Performance, have heard mixed reviews about Kevin Hand and stay away from JDM!!!!

mach1033

Established Member
Before you go to a tuner please do your homework. Call each one that you plan to use. Then ask questions. Then depending on there response and attitude you can decide who you want. Your gonna get the sansone is great and the sansone sucks posts. Jdm I bet will get the most negative. It really sucks when u pay 5 to 600 bucks and then when you want to talk to them and you get the why are you bothering me tude.

Blueline

Established Member
Before you go to a tuner please do your homework. Call each one that you plan to use. Then ask questions. Then depending on there response and attitude you can decide who you want. Your gonna get the sansone is great and the sansone sucks posts. Jdm I bet will get the most negative. It really sucks when u pay 5 to 600 bucks and then when you want to talk to them and you get the why are you bothering me tude.

Al your too funny, I just PMed him the same exact advice lol.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I'm still 100% for Ken Bjonnes. He recently became a member here KenB

Fred Brown

Established Member
I live in Avon NY, and i drove to anderson N.C. to Rick at Amazon, cause hes the best Fred

spdtrip

Established Member
Pete @ performance dyno loudon NH. He did a great job on my cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

This is very good advice. There are a lot of excellent tuners out there. Some have excellent support after the job is done and others who are spotty with service. And if you ask for references be aware that you likely won't get names of customers who weren't satisfied. So it really is a good idea, after you compile a list of good tuner options within driving distance, to call each and decide which one you feel will give you the best overall package and service (including after the sale).

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
This is very good advice. It is always a good idea, after you compile a list of good tuner options within driving distance, to call each and decide which one you feel will give you the best overall package and service (including after the sale).

Thanks Bob :beer: the after sale service is very important. It's not like you bought a gasket for 40 dollars. 600 is a lot of money for an hour worth of work. I know some take longer on custom set up's. But its not like it takes 4 hours to tune a throttle body, upper lower combo and exhaust upgrade on a stock cobra.

delly

Established Member
what have you guys heard about jdm, i see alot of negatives lol...some of the other guys id like to use but there not located in my area.. that being said i would like it dynoed so they would be no good to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread