Whole Foods is in trouble

Kevins89notch

Established Member
What is a Whole Foods??

High end grocery store. Free range meats, organic items, gluten free items, small mom and pop companies, vegan items, they have a wine bar with staff knowledgeable on wines, etc. It's nickname is whole paychecks as if you've never been there, a $60 walmart run could cost you $150.

However, if you fancy college girls in yoga pants....this is where you want to shop. :)

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
High end grocery store. Free range meats, organic items, gluten free items, small mom and pop companies, vegan items, they have a wine bar with staff knowledgeable on wines, etc. It's nickname is whole paychecks as if you've never been there, a $60 walmart run could cost you $150.

However, if you fancy college girls in yoga pants....this is where you want to shop. :)

Im gonna pass on that one and go to HEB

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Will not click on link MSN fake news. Also never shopped at one don’t even know if we have one close.

If I want a grocery store different than Kroger, Meijer, or Walmart. I’ll go to Trader Joe’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
A test environment for over-charging liberals, yuppies, hippies, and cross-fitters.
Hate to ruin your world but a ton of conservatives shop at the two nearest to me. I don't shop there because there is a snob mentality in there and I don't feel like I should pay 2-3 times more for groceries when I know I can get the same products with the same quality or better at other groceries.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Hate to ruin your world but a ton of conservatives shop at the two nearest to me. I don't shop there because there is a snob mentality in there and I don't feel like I should pay 2-3 times more for groceries when I know I can get the same products with the same quality or better at other groceries.
Math ain't working here. You don't shop there, but you know that a ton of conservatives do.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Amazon threw investors and the media into a tailspin when they bought Whole Foods. I think some people out there thought and still think that Whole Foods is going to run out every current big name grocery store chain and be the top dog.

What they done from the get go was price certain things super low to draw people in, and then price other stuff higher than other grocery chains.

Personally working in manufacturing for on of their competitors, i have heard quite a few interesting things about Amazon and their Whole Foods plan.

The one thing they really do have going for them is younger people want to shop with Whole Foods because it is new and fresh.

They have forced some change in the grocery/supermarket industry, I’ll give them that, but a lot of their success they owe to the media and how they hyped the Whole Foods purchase by Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member

You ought to shop some of the big korean markets, if they're nearby.

Their prices are super low, and close to the same quality.

For instance, live lobsters can be had for $6.99 a pound, $14.99 at Giant.

Bags of live mussels are $3.99 each, $6.99 at Giant.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Math ain't working here. You don't shop there, but you know that a ton of conservatives do.
Well I have been in there a few times. Their craft beer selection used to be good. So yeah, I can comment and back my statement up.

Korean markets are a good place to shop as are the Mexican markets. Prices are amazing especially when specific seasonal items are available.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Hiring illegals help with the cost savings.

Users who are viewing this thread