Who's Been To Oregon?

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Flying into Portland on Friday. Going for a few days with the girlfriend. What should we do? Any recommendations? I want to visit the Rogue beer joint, but other than that, fishing sounds good as does some hiking.

:banana:

7.62x51

Established Member
Oregon is pretty much wide open country outside of portland - I grew up in the northwest.

I think salmon season closed on 8/31, check to be sure though. archery may be open for deer. other than that oregon pretty much sucks, lol

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Lots of clubs to go to if you guys are into it. Also a fair amount of strip clubs. ;) Acropolis is pretty good. Have steak while you watch the ladies just inches away. ;)
Mt St. Helens is up the road about an hour, take the Castle Rock exit. Worth the trip if cloud cover is above 9000'. You can also go out to McMinville (sp?) to see the Spruce Goose.

Last edited:

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
I have an old co-worker that use to live there (she is so hot!!). I go to Oregon all the time..........but only to klamath falls to work on my farm. Have fun, sorry I couldnt be much help. Worst comes to worst you can always hit up a club or a bar:beer:

LaFlavor

Established Member
Mt hood, Mt st helens, Columbia River Gorge. Lots of outdoor stuff to do in that area. Powells bookstore is pretty unique. The only temperate rainforest in the world is in the area, though I don't remember how far a drive that is. Multnomah falls is pretty cool.

Can't remember anything else off the top of my head, but lots to do outdoors.

AKcobra

Established Member
Rogue for sure! There are a lot of microbreweries in the NW. I'd plan a route and hit them all. As said before...strip clubs of Portland are top notch!

jean

Established Member
a good website:
Explore Oregon - Travel Oregon
Portland is a cute town.
A lot of microbreweries and wineries.
You can go to the cost :Newport is 3 hours from PDX,in the way you can see the Spruce goose (2 museums:airplane & space ) along the way (99w & 18)

Hood river is Kite surfing,on the way stop at Boneville dam to see the salmon going up .

NW of Portland is pretty cool,big Nike store & Colombia sportwear.
Remember no sale taxes in Or.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
A drive up 84 along the Columbia River is well worth it. I enjoyed touring the Bonneville Dam. As others said it you get a clear day visiting one of the Glaciers is worth every bit.

cobra_mer

Established Member
I grew up north of potrland about 30 miles. Hit up Rogue Brewies either in Newport where they started or you can go to their rest/pub in Astoria as well, either of them are great places old warehouses on piers.

Hiking Multnomah falls east of portland about 45 mins is a great place to hike take a lunch as walking to the top can take several hours, if you stop and enjoy all the scenary. Bonneville dam is a cool place and on the way to mult. falls great place if you like feeding/amiring fish. They have a 17 foot sturgeon alive in one of their tanks if I remember right.

Mt. Hood is great for hiking, there are lots of trails in the cascade's just east of portland for hiking, just pick up a map in any of the gas stations around the place. Unless your a resident of Oregon fishing/hunting will be a pretty penny. Depending on how long your there you could charter a trip out of Astoria or any of the towns alond US 101. If you want or need any specific info on places just PM me, I have lots of connections and friends in the area.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
The coast is close, Rogue, Deschutes pub in downtown Portland, Widmer a 1/2hour east, All the pubs you could ask for, Golf, Mountains, NIKE, definitely tour Nike if you can.

Too much to do. Best city in the states, all things considered.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Just remember to set a "grueling" pace and if the river is deeper than 2.5' you should caulk the wagon and float across.

Jefe

Established Member
:lol: Watch out for diphtheria as well. Sally will die from it

Users who are viewing this thread