Who's running long tubes?

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I've decided my next mod will be long tubes and o/r x with a dyno tune. I'm between stainless works and kooks right now. Which would you choose and why? Also, what are people's experiences with other brand long tubes on these cars?

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I used JBA 1 7/8 with JBA o/r h-pipe. I don't think you will have a hard time choosing and won't be disappointed with either set. Just depends on how much coin you want to spend. I went with something cheaper and paid 900 total.I'm happy with my purchase as I'm sure there just as good as any other set on the market.
JBA headers installed - Ford Mustang Forums

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I've always liked BBK products. They're affordable and they seem to stand up to the conditions pretty well.

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
I'm running Stainless Works 1 7/8's w/ catless XP. Here is a before and after dyno graph. No retune.

CAI, Tune, Catback vs CAI, Tune, Catback, LTs w/ XP

Scanned%2BImage.jpg

URL for graph: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAx8/A76jHavyk5E/s576/Scanned+Image.jpg

Last edited:

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Why not American racing?

I've always been a fan of kooks headers and am liking the stainless works stuff.

I'm running Stainless Works 1 7/8's w/ catless XP. Here is a before and after dyno graph. No retune.

CAI, Tune, Catback vs CAI, Tune, Catback, LTs w/ XP

Scanned%2BImage.jpg

URL for graph: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAx8/A76jHavyk5E/s576/Scanned+Image.jpg

So you don't have a tune for the long tubes? I'm curious how much more power it would pick up with a new tune. I can't tell from the graph but what were the before and after numbers? How was the install?

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
So you don't have a tune for the long tubes? I'm curious how much more power it would pick up with a new tune. I can't tell from the graph but what were the before and after numbers? How was the install?

Tuner said there wasn't a need to retune for the longtubes.

First run was before the LT install in green and it put down 394/386 (88.35 F, 29.30 in-Hg, 59% Humidity, STD: 1.06).

The two other runs were after the LT install and had basically the same results. It put down 424/404 (76.62 F, 29.22 in-Hg, 46% Humidity, STD: 1.04)

I had Woodbine Motorsports in MD do the install.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member

First run was before the LT install in green and it put down 394/386 (88.35 F, 29.30 in-Hg, 59% Humidity, STD: 1.06).

The two other runs were after the LT install and had basically the same results. It put down 424/404 (76.62 F, 29.22 in-Hg, 46% Humidity, STD: 1.04)

I had Woodbine Motorsports in MD do the install.

Who is your tuner? That doesn't sound right to me. I plan to get a dyno tune after I install them to get the most out of my car. Those are good numbers. I'm hoping for 430-440.

Last edited:

TheMoonRulez#1

Established Member
I have bassani long tubes, o/r x-pipe, and cat back. I really liked the way the videos sounded online. Also i have a friend who has a 04 Mach 1 with a full bassani set up and loved the way his car sounded. Got it installed last week. I really love it. Its whisper quiet at idle, but it really screams once you put your foot on the pedal. Paid like 860 for the long tubes and 910 for the the cat back.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I have bassani long tubes, o/r x-pipe, and cat back. I really liked the way the videos sounded online. Also i have a friend who has a 04 Mach 1 with a full bassani set up and loved the way his car sounded. Got it installed last week. I really love it. Its whisper quiet at idle, but it really screams once you put your foot on the pedal. Paid like 860 for the long tubes and 910 for the the cat back.

Do you have any dyno numbers?

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member

This is only correct if your a/f ratio is still safe througout all kinds of driving. I'm gonna bet this $5 I have in my wallet on that it isn't. You are betting your $5k+ motor on it still being ok.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
This is only correct if your a/f ratio is still safe througout all kinds of driving. I'm gonna bet this $5 I have in my wallet on that it isn't. You are betting your $5k+ motor on it still being ok.

You also have to increase the delay of the 02 sensors because they get moved farther down stream.

LTs = You need a tune.

Chris

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Long tubes most definitely need a tune. I've been told that long tubes want closer to stock tivct than a stock header o/r mid pipe setup does. Stock header o/r mid pipe setups show significant gains but for max power a long tube setup is the better choice of the two. I've always heard good things about SW long tubes so if I still go with long tubes those are the ones I will use.

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Who is your tuner? That doesn't sound right to me. I plan to get a dyno tune after I install them to get the most out of my car. Those are good numbers. I'm hoping for 430-440.

Livernois Motorsports. After we dyno'd the car it looked a bit lean from 5500 on up, so they made an adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread