why all the steggy hate as of late?

matt87

Established Member
just wondering? seems alot of negativity on these boards towards that company. i thought they were the go-to people for a port in the past??? i know alot of people like the other ports like posi, but they do not port anymore. so why all the recent poo poo for steggy? i'm not a swinger by any means, just wondering.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Im not positive but if I had to guess I would say part of it is them posting about the stage 7 port then not coming back here and answering questions. I want to get mine ported over winter and if POSI was open I would definatley have him doing mine. The numbers his average/make and have heard nothing but good things. Steig was my next option but I have found some other reputable companies that port I may try them. I wish POSI would do a group buy/run but I understand family and life priorities.

As a loyal Steg customer...let's just say I recently saw a pic of their 'Stage 7' and the port photos are virtually identical to my 'Stage 6.' They've become kind of gimmicky on certain things. So I can understand the hate but some guys on here post like one person's port is like a 50hp difference as opposed to the other. And that's not the case of course. And there are only so much power that can be extracted from an Eaton port. The differences between all the ports out there are probably negligible at this point, after all these years.

get a ts and be done with it...lol

I've heard that over the years...

Yet getting a t/s isn't as simple as being done with it...

Getting a t/s also requires a substantial investment in a fuel system..

don't forget the suspension upgrades...

and you sure better pick out a tuner with caution...as the margin of error becomes less at these greater power levels...

I wish it was as simple as bolting on a t/s and being done with it...

65fastback2+2

Established Member

and you sure better pick out a tuner with caution...as the margin of error becomes less as the greater power levels...

I wish it was a simple as bolting on a t/s and being done with it...

the fuel mods and such needed to support a 500-520 rwhp ported eaton can support a 600 rwhp t/s

BdJames

Established Member
The majority of negative comments that I have read are a result of steggy's customer service. I do agree, with some reservation, that customer service is necessary. But more than that I feel that a superior product is more important. If I pay good money and they deliver on the power, then good riddance to customer service. I'll take results over smiles any day.

the fuel mods and such needed to support a 500-520 rwhp ported eaton can support a 600 rwhp t/s

So my dual focus pumps & modified FPDMs are going to support 600rwhp? :rollseyes

When you start going above 550rwhp...you better invest in a returnless fuel system...

And yea no thank you to a BAP. I don't need to be worry about an additional voltage draw with that...

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
So my dual focus pumps & modified FPDMs are going to support 600rwhp? :rollseyes

When you start going above 550rwhp...you better invest in a returnless fuel system...

And yea no thank you to a BAP. I don't need to be worry about an additional voltage draw with that...

I just have gt pumps and 60's

65fastback2+2

Established Member

should be...several mach 1 guys made mid-upper 300's on a single focus pump. i know theres been cars make 550-600 on dual focus pumps.

i just run a bap on mine with 30amps...love it.

badazzebz06

Established Member

and you sure better pick out a tuner with caution...as the margin of error becomes less at these greater power levels...

I wish it was as simple as bolting on a t/s and being done with it...

^^^^This in spades!! i recently did a 2.2 kenne bell and thought id be good....nope now i gotta build my car around it....so basically with a new lethal brand new 1000+ return system kenne bell and all the work im 5k in the hole and now need tires that hook and longtubes and a retune.....awesome....shoulda stuck with my posi port

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
thought 7 moved the intake a bit?

the way i understand it the "stages" indicate a change and the change isn't always in the port.

should be...several mach 1 guys made mid-upper 300's on a single focus pump. i know theres been cars make 550-600 on dual focus pumps.

i just run a bap on mine with 30amps...love it.

Not even close. Maybe you should do some datalogs to see how much a fuel system can support. In fact, I'm at 90% FPDC with that set up. No one is supporting 550-600 on dual focus pumps. That can't even be taken seriously. And given the issues we have with alternator reliability...I would not even consider putting additional draw on the car's voltage. You night as well sell a Terminator if you get to the point you have to monitor voltage...as if there aren't enough things to monitor as it is...

Returnless fuel system is the safest way to go 550 and above. Much easier to tune with that fuel system and so much less to worry about, when simply trying to enjoy these cars.

My $0.02.

badazzebz06

Established Member
ya according to steig the rotors are timed differently i think the stage 7 has a different inlet but i really dont know

as far as fuel systems i believe a return style is the safest way to go i know my tuner reccomended it and he tunes safe as shit

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My tuner/shop told me don't even waste my money on porting a eaton. They said it would be fun for a little bit, but then I'd want more power. Plus they get heatsoaked so fast. A tune is around 500 bucks, a port is what 600-800 dollars, plus injectors, maf, and different fuel pumps. All that money could damn near pay for the a return fuel setup needed for a bigger blower. Then save up money for the bigger blower. They told me do it right the first time, because everyone wants more hp! If the funds are not there, keep saving! It will be around 1 1/2 years before I'm there, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
ya i guess i've noticed a lack of feedback from steggy on this forum. that could be perceived as bad customer support. i wish i could do a twin screw Nick, my car is all setup for one, but i have a 5' foot tall portuguese woman saying otherwise. lol!

badazzebz06

Established Member
My tuner/shop told me don't even waste my money on porting a eaton. They said it would be fun for a little bit, but then I'd want more power. Plus they get heatsoaked so fast. A tune is around 500 bucks, a port is what 600-800 dollars, plus injectors, maf, and different fuel pumps. All that money could damn near pay for the fuel mods needed for a bigger blower. Then save up money for the bigger blower. They told me do it right the first time, because everyone wants more hp! If the funds are not there, keep saving! It will be around 1 1/2 years before I'm there, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

tbh man im bored of my twin screw already but then again i need tires tht hook i usually get bored of cars fast i know i did with my z06 i went to a cam and fast 90/90 intake and didnt even feel it after a few days

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Not even close. Maybe you should do some datalogs to see how much a fuel system can support. In fact, I'm at 90% FPDC with that set up. No one is supporting 550-600 on dual focus pumps. That can't even be taken seriously. And given the issues we have with alternator reliability...I would not even consider putting additional draw on the car's voltage. You night as well sell a Terminator if you get to the point you have to monitor voltage...as if there aren't enough things to monitor as it is...

Returnless fuel system is the safest way to go 550 and above. Much easier to tune with that fuel system and so much less to worry about, when simply trying to enjoy these cars.

My $0.02.

Im just going off of what KB says and that is that twin focus pumps flow 59 lbs of fuel at the injector.

but yes, return is the way to go if you can.:rockon:

Last edited:
Im just going off of what KB says and that is that twin focus pumps flow 59 lbs of fuel at the injector.

but yes, returnless is the way to go if you can.:rockon:

I'm glad you posted that Jason because I've seen them post that before and they are wrong for misrepresenting what those pumps can provide. So sorry, didn't mean to come down so hard on you. :beer: Unfortunately, they are full of it! I trust my datalogs over what they claim.

I personally wish I did returnless when I decided to start gutting the stock fuel system. That's one of those I wish I could do over things.

matt87

Established Member
bdubbs. i hear you but its a big difference in price from a 3k dollar twin screw plus all the supporting mods, to doing a port for 500+ hp. i drive in my friends pulley only cobra 440 rwhp and then drive mine and the difference is huge. not everyone is made of money. i got under 2k in my fuel,pulley,port combo....thats not even the price of a used twin screw. also ported eatons tend to not heat soak as bad as unported eatons.

Users who are viewing this thread