Why are stores like FYE dying?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
People are just apprehensive with the advent of technology. They think everything has to be done the old fashioned way.

Blown 89

Established Member
just wait till you can only order a new car online. no more dealerships to see them in person or test drive. just add it to your cart and the next day a drone drops it off in front of your house!
Please let that happen soon. I'm trying to buy an RV right now and the dealership experience is reminding me why Tesla, for all their business faults, is on to something.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd rather see it in person and have the remote in my hand to play with the menus, adjustments and see it versus just looking at pictures online. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

We bought a massive sub-zero fridge when we built our house last year. Again, not something I would purchase online. Too many things I want to inspect in person to trust to some photos on a website.

That's what Lowes and Costco are for. Best Buy won't be around much longer in their current form.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don't see Walmart, Target or BestBuy going anywhere.

I would have never purchased our 80" TV sight unseen. Reading reviews doesn't make up for what the eye sees in person.
Interesting story. I looked at the 65 Samsung we bought from Amazon at Best Buy. After coming home and researching I bought it from Amazon, delivered, set up by a very knowledgeable young man who I tipped $20. I got the exact tv and sound bar for about a $100 less and didn't need to lift a finger. Yes, I did look at in the store, but I read the reviews all over.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I wont buy big items from Best Buy, granted I rarely do anymore after they screwed me out of my elite membership.

But something about buying a TV, having an employee roll it out to my truck and then have security try to demand I show proof of purchase or not be able to load it up. Yeah that didn't go his way. They've gotten a lot worse about treating all their customers like criminals.

Blown 89

Established Member
Best Buy won't be around much longer in their current form.
5 years ago I would have agreed but they've turned things around with a smart business strategy. It will be interesting to see if it sticks. Hubert Holy is one hell of a CEO. Rather than fight the internet he gutted upper and middle management and embraced the internet's strengths. Common sense worked in their case.

Users who are viewing this thread