Why did the car cover do this?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Sorry bout that guys. I tried to post from my phone but I guess they dd t load.
0f87f22e97ee5bf8c079f2c0e3f14c90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are the stains a milky whitish color? Like this (just above the white square in the photo)? If so, that happens sometimes with car covers.
upload_2017-5-27_15-3-25.png

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
That's exactly what it is!! They came right off with water and I washed it. It wasn't like water spots really it was like flour.

Is the cover new? When my cover was new for my truck after it rained it left a powdery residue on the car. Make sure the car is clean when you put this on there and make sure it's tied down good. If it blows in the wind it will mess your paint up quick

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Is the cover new? When my cover was new for my truck after it rained it left a powdery residue on the car. Make sure the car is clean when you put this on there and make sure it's tied down good. If it blows in the wind it will mess your paint up quick

Yes sir it is new. I got it for Christmas and didn't put it on till around march. It's the one you get st American muscle that is custom fit. Ok I haven't been tieing it down but it didn't seem to move much. Kinda new with covers, but how should i tie it down? Appreciate all the replys everyone!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Does the cover have eyelits on the bottom? On my truck I run a pull strap underneath and then pull it tight. This seems to do the trick since the front and rear have elastic. The straps keeps the center tight as well. Mine has been through many storms like this and it's never came off and stays secure.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Does the cover have eyelits on the bottom? On my truck I run a pull strap underneath and then pull it tight. This seems to do the trick since the front and rear have elastic. The straps keeps the center tight as well. Mine has been through many storms like this and it's never came off and stays secure.

Yes sir it has 2. One on each side in the middle of the car. That is exactly what I'll do!!! Appreciate the help brother!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
may have been something in the cover or just the rain sitting there under the cover.

as mentioned car covers can cause just as much damage as they protect you from. if the car is dirty, dont even bother putting it on, even if the wind doesnt blow it around just sliding it on the car can grind crap into the clear coat

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
may have been something in the cover or just the rain sitting there under the cover.

as mentioned car covers can cause just as much damage as they protect you from. if the car is dirty, dont even bother putting it on, even if the wind doesnt blow it around just sliding it on the car can grind crap into the clear coat

Yes sir I don't put it on unless the car has been washed. I don't let the car sit after a wash either. Right after I'm done drying it with my blower I put it on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's exactly what it is!! They came right off with water and I washed it. It wasn't like water spots really it was like flour.

That's great that the spots came off so easily. You were fortunate. Sometimes it takes some serious detailing work to eliminate them.

Users who are viewing this thread