Why do people ask "Should I buy this or that?"

oldmodman

Established Member
Should I read this thread or not?

Too late!

But, since I am here anyway.

Should I buy a new Corvette ZR-1, then send it to Hennessey to rip me off.

Or just invest in what I have always wanted. A 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB-4 NART, in Fly Yellow with the black leather interior and Borrani wire Wheels.

Alscobra

Established Member
Too late!

But, since I am here anyway.

Should I buy a new Corvette ZR-1, then send it to Hennessey to rip me off.

Or just invest in what I have always wanted. A 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB-4 NART, in Fly Yellow with the black leather interior and Borrani wire Wheels.

Just depends if you want to go fast or not. The ferrari would be really nice just sitting there and being beautiful but will not be as thrilling to drive. Do you wanna go fast.
40ed513f-f67c-1c58.jpg

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I get what you are saying. I think it is just how people word the question. In other words, instead of just saying "What should I buy a Mach I or a SVT Cobra?" maybe they should be more direct about their questions. That question will get you opinion based answers instead of factual information sometimes.

The flip side of that is I understand why people ask if they have no knowledge of the vehicles, but don't just ask what should I buy this or that.

Instead they should give all the facts. I have this amount of money to spend or I can pay this amount per month on a payment and insurance. Then as a follow up question at least from my perspective I would ask what experiences people have had with those specific vehicles and I could better gauge on what I want to buy depending on the feedback that I get.

A lot of the work people can do on their own by test driving a vehicle. Finding out how much your payment will be is only a calculater away. If you want to know how much your insurance will be then call insurance companies and get a rate. There are little mechanical problems obviously that a person may not know especially from a 1 time test drive so asking about people's experiences with the car is probably the best question not what you should buy because ultimately that is up to you and what your finances say you can buy.

+1 Agreed

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I see what many of you are saying. I understand when people come on here starting a thread after doing the research and are looking for just an overall discussion on the two items. But what I don't understand is when people ask "should I buy this or should I buy that?"...:shrug:"should I get this or should I just wait til the next one comes out?" If I were considering a couple things, I'd more than likely come on here just to get the discussion going. Maybe learn something I didn't know. But I wouldn't ask "should I get this or that?"

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I see what many of you are saying. I understand when people come on here starting a thread after doing the research and are looking for just an overall discussion on the two items. But what I don't understand is when people ask "should I buy this or should I buy that?"...:shrug:"should I get this or should I just wait til the next one comes out?" If I were considering a couple things, I'd more than likely come on here just to get the discussion going. Maybe learn something I didn't know. But I wouldn't ask "should I get this or that?"

Look at it like this. No matter how smart you are you can't possibly take everything into consideration- even all the variables. IMO you would be foolish NOT to listen to all sides from various people. But, if threads like this bug you so much then don't open them for one- and don't start one asking about it especially when the answer is fairly obvious.... Just sayin' :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread