Why is everyone putting on license plates?

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Sure it's illegal not to run plates, but why rush to put them on? Going accross toll booths in the Fast-Track lane without paying toll will get your picture taken and a ticket will be sent to you but if you don't have plates, you won't get sent a ticket. If you unfortunately run a red light and you are caught by a camera, the ticket also can't get sent to you. If your car is stolen, do you really want it back. Without plates, it makes it harder for the cops to recover your car but do you really want it back after somebody has brutalized and raped your car? Not me; anyways, I won't be running license plates for a while and will leave the dealer advertisement papers in place of them.

Last edited:

Trader

Established Member
I ran a red photo light with my dealer tags. I replaced them one day vefore they were expired. I had washed the car so many times that the plate was almost all white. :-D

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Just for info, the new photo systems take pic's from the front and the back.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
In Cincinnati the police are just looking for a reason to kick your ass. (thats if your white, you don't want me to tell you how the police treat people here who aren't).

I learned that trouble will find you, no need to look for it.

stangin

Established Member
I have a real problem with this mail you a ticket thing.. I dont think its fair and is just a money revenue thing. Is there a way to fight this before there is one at every stop light and freeway onramp?

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
No front plans and no tickets to date. Passed over 30-40 cops to date. Don't look at the cops and they generally have no reason to look back at you. If you look guilty, nervous, or do something stupid like a 100' burn out well you brought it on yourself. If you keep the "bling bling" of your car and the stereo at reasonable levels a cobra blends in very well.... especially in black.:coolman:

jacob67

Established Member
alot of places are throwing the tickets out, because in most cases it is required that the person recieving the ticket must recieve it from the person who actually wittnessed the incident.

Snakebitten,

where did you get your avatar?

very cool looking!

jacob67

Established Member
alot of places are throwing the tickets out, because in most cases it is required that the person recieving the ticket must recieve it from the person who actually wittnessed the incident.

Snakebitten,

where did you get your avatar?

very cool looking!

email me the site if you don't mind

Mach1driver

Established Member
Yep, I seen that over at stangnet I think it was an it is pretty darn cool, but at $600 bucks I think I'll try an jerry-rig my own ;-)

p.s. if it was in the $180 range I'd be real interested...

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
WE don't have those camera here in south jersey, if we did I'd have a hell of alot of tickets in the mail.

Why don't they just put a device in the car that gives you tickets while your driving, every time you speed. Each speed sign could emit a radio freq. that told the cars computer the speed limit of the road. As soon as you go 1mph over the limit........ wammo... ticket. :)

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
Why don't they just put a device in the car that gives you tickets while your driving, every time you speed. Each speed sign could emit a radio freq. that told the cars computer the speed limit of the road. As soon as you go 1mph over the limit........ wammo... ticket. :)

OH my GOD! It's 1984 all over again! Big Brother is watching!

You're nuts NeedForSpeed! :lol:

U.M.

stangin

Established Member

1984, thats what I am talking about. Im sure they have thought about that and it might happen eventually. If they can generate revenues they would have tickets print out in your car everytime you do something wrong and is not unrealistic. Think about it all the states are broke and with a little investment they would generate a crap load of money. You know they have some models of cars where the computer actually tracks what you do speeds etc.. like a black box in an aircraft also the cops will be able to shut off your car from their lap top when they want too or supress your ignition while writting you a ticket. They have been experimenting with this for several years, and is here now. They are not advertising this of course, but I have read about it such as in an accident they know speeds at impact, when brakes were applied how many times you exceded speed limits etc. What I am worried about and given enough time you will see more and more automated machines in more and more states mailing you tickets to the point I think there will be one at every traffic light and every so many miles on highway's and at every freeway onramp. Sorry dont mean to ramble, but I have serious concerns about this. . Anyone else?

Black 03

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
In Cincinnati the police are just looking for a reason to kick your ass. (thats if your white, you don't want me to tell you how the police treat people here who aren't).

What is that supposed to mean? Are you a racist or just ignorant?

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Vintage, you stepped in it AGAIN. Pointcover is a cop in case you hadn't noticed...:nonono:

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
I have On-Star in my um. GMC. They can tell you where you are and shut your vehicle off remotely if is stolen. I'm sure they can monitor how fast you are going and if you have flossed your teeth recently. I think vettes record their maximum velocity. I expect a call anyday telling me that I am speeding. I think I'll go to DPS and turn myself in now.

Todd

Gumball

Established Member
I've got news for you, some of this is already happening. Up here in good ole CT, a local rental car company was surcharging customers who took their rental over a certain MPH. They were using the GPS is the car to check the speed. This was eventually shot down by the attorney general. However there were some people who had paid the fines!!

Say what you will about the ACLU, and I'm sure we've all got opinions about some of their actions, but it's with subjects like these that I'm truly happy they exist.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003 Cobra
Sure it's illegal not to run plates, but why rush to put them on?

It'll eventually happen to you, trust me. Me? Well, I got a friendly reminder to put the plate on from local law enforcement while I was getting ready to get in my car. The officer didn't ticket me but I complied anyway. I figured my luck had finally run out and I didn't need and excuse to get profiled into a ticket. Esp. since my LT's probably violate every noise ordinance in the book. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread