Why is this Shelby so cheap?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Nav is worthless to me when my phone is with me all the time. Track Pack isn't much of a factor - my '14 GT is a Track Pack car and I changed to Koni coil-overs and the handling is now 10x better than stock. Upgraded Brembo brakes are nice but most people never truly use the added Brembo braking power. Get the color you LOVE in the condition with miles you can accept at the best price you can and enjoy.

siccobra

Established Member
Here's underside pics anyone see anything alarming. Car is in Arizona I'm in NY

Attachments

• DriveShaft&Muffler.jpg
    DriveShaft&Muffler.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 248
  • RightExhaust.jpg
    RightExhaust.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 260
  • TrunkToFront.jpg
    TrunkToFront.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 229
  • FrontAirCover.jpg
    FrontAirCover.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 247
  • FrontAirCover0.jpg
    FrontAirCover0.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 209
  • FrontAirCover.jpg
    FrontAirCover.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Transmission.jpg
    Transmission.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 222
  • RightRear0.jpg
    RightRear0.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 214

RangerDLA

Established Member
Not sure what's on the bottom of the exhaust tips, but it looks good. You want to look for tool marks on the bolts, screws etc. Looks like a clean car from what I can see. Check for the same in the engine bay. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
do you plan to put springs and swap the wheels? track package may be a waste then.
Track Pack isn't much of a factor - my '14 GT is a Track Pack car and I changed to Koni coil-overs and the handling is now 10x better than stock. Upgraded Brembo brakes are nice but most people never truly use the added Brembo braking power.
SVT Track Pack has nothing to do with suspension, wheels, or brakes. Suspension and wheels varied between Base Model and those equipped with the SVT Performance Pack. Brakes were the same on all '13/'14 GT500s. SVTTP (available only on SVTPP-equipped coupes) added Engine Oil, Transmission Fluid, and Rear Diff Coolers.

Those seem to be very good deals, almost too good.
If it seems too good to be true it usually is. I would look into it more. A dealership would never let that kind of money walk away
Check for the same in the engine bay.
+1 to all of this.

siccobra

Established Member
Alright thanks for the replys I'm leaning towards the white idk if I can pass up a 11k mile 40k vehicle. The black one is mint but I've come to realize low miles gets you nothing as I just sold my 03 10th anniversary for a measly 21k with 13k miles because previous owner painted it like a idiot.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
SVT Track Pack has nothing to do with suspension, wheels, or brakes. Suspension and wheels varied between Base Model and those equipped with the SVT Performance Pack. Brakes were the same on all '13/'14 GT500s. SVTTP (available only on SVTPP-equipped coupes) added Engine Oil, Transmission Fluid, and Rear Diff Coolers.

+1 to all of this.

ah, i was thinking of PP cars. if youre not going to track the car, the coolers dont really do anything for you (on the street). it mainly comes down to springs and wheels, which many people swap out anyways. for those who plan to keep the car bone stock and just drive on the street, then it may be worth the extra $. if you like the wheels and the ride of the PP.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Alright siccobra - you had a night to sleep on it,lol. Which one is it going to be????

My vote is Black one but obviously not my money. Hard to beat a high glossy,clean black sportscar.

Good luck on your purchase.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
My vote is for the black one too. If I was ready to buy another GT500 right now that is what I would be buying. For me its worth the extra money to have the GT500 that is like new with those low miles as opposed to an older one with 10K miles more. But that is just my preference. Either one you get it will still be owning a 13/14 GT500 and that is the main thing . I had a 2014 RRM GT500 and can't wait until I get into another one soon.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
^^^^Great choice. I would have done the same. Post up some pics of that beauty once she is in your hands. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread