Why still not so many 5.0's on road?

Bud

Established Member
I think the base GTs are a pretty good bargain, I have had a ton of fun with mine. I would never buy a loaded up GT near sticker, may as well just get into a GT500..

Agreed, I paid under 27k for my base GT, only option being the automatic. To me the amount of car we get for that price is awesome. I can't imagine paying close to 40k for a loaded up GT, that is ridiculous and no longer any type of bargain.

dynasty_365

Established Member
I couldn't see paying 40k for a loaded gt when the boss is 44k and a cobra is 48 down here. If u gonna pay 40 u might as well pay a little extra and get more car

kevinp

Established Member
Agreed, I paid under 27k for my base GT, only option being the automatic. To me the amount of car we get for that price is awesome. I can't imagine paying close to 40k for a loaded up GT, that is ridiculous and no longer any type of bargain.

The loaded up premiums are nice but myself I preferred to spend the money on the blower and I kind of like the austere look of the interior and dash. Reminds me of the real muscle cars from the 60s-70s.

I usually dont keep a car longer than a year but I cant really find anything cooler thats new for around 30-35 grand to replace this car with.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I totally agree with you. I felt like it took awhile for the camaro and challenger to get somewhat popular. I didn't see my first camaro for almost 6 months after they came out.

It's a hard choice right now. There are so many good mustangs out that it makes it hard to pick one. You have the Terminators that are SUPER cheap right now. The older shelby's you can pick up for mid $30k right now and of course the boss.

I LOVE the 5.0. I felt it was the best handling mustang I had ever driven (never driven a boss, though). But at the end of the day, it's still a GT and I would rather have a Terminator or a shelby with a $35k price tag. :beer:

You're kidding me right? :kaboom:

drewzx3

Established Member

Yep got mine for 26200 only option was auto and cost $300 to have her shipped to me.

Scotty_5.0

Established Member
i'm stationed in germany but ordered my '12 GB GT while i was deployed and thought that i'd have a VERY unique car/color when i got back. well needless to say i've been home for about 3 months now and i've seen maybe 5 GB 5.0's and prob about 10 5.0's total not to mention the endless amount of 11+ v6's

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
on topic here,

I see a 5.0L almost everyday to and from work.

Mostly the base model's very few people i guess splurge on the brembo package.

With that said, ive been rolling my mustang since late september 2010 and i paid 33-34 OTD for a Premium with brembo package.

Users who are viewing this thread