Why still not so many 5.0's on road?

65mph_Roll

Established Member
I think I've seen five, maybe six 5.0's on the road since they came out. Seems like they should be an everyday sight by now, like GT's. :shrug:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Ya I feel you. I live in the Detroit area so you would think I'd see a lot of them. I see a ton of camaros and challengers and chargers and a good amount of them are ss and hemi versions. I have only seen a few new 5.0 mustangs, some ones has to be buying them up because I have been trying to pick up a new 2012 base gt, brembo car for the last 2 weeks but I can't find one. Will find out Tuesday if my local dealer can get one they found at an out of state dealer and if not order me one.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Here at ft campbell, ky all you see is 5.0s. I see maybe five of them everyday when I go to wal-mart. Seen a few roush editions also. Guess its do to being near a military base. Nothing but 5.0s over here

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
It's a good thing so there not like a civic where you see every joe smo around with one, so that being said..

I think price has alot to do with it, they say you can get a a gt for $29-$33k,but everyone @ my local dealer I look @ sticker/ msrp on them are in the 36-42k range, sorry but 40k for a gt is a ripoff little more you can buy a boss or a used shelby.

Which is why I think ive seen tons of 2010 gt's and regular base 2011+ 3.7 v6 cars and shelbys and boss and not 5.0 cars, people either cant afford the 5.0 so they get leftover gt or a base v6, or they are just spending a little more on a shelby or a boss.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
I dont see as many as I figured to be seeing by now, there is one other in my town but thats it, of course I live in a town of about 4500-5000 people so I guess I can expect that lol

65mph_Roll

Established Member
Thanks Guys - Glad to hear they are representing in other places, must just be a matter of time then. I’ve got a stock 04 Terminator (K&N FIPK only) and I think it would be a great run! I just can’t seem to find one!

Grabber2012

Established Member
I've owned mine since September I never see other 5.0s everytime I roll up on one it's a V6,I've seen maybe a handful since buying mine and only 1 was grabber blue, I like being the odd color out personally I do see a shit ton of camaros though.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Most of the current-style Stangs I see are V6 convertibles. I guess people go to the dealership and decide that a cloth-top is a better use of funds than a V8. It's not for me, but I guess I can understand.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Ya I feel you. I live in the Detroit area so you would think I'd see a lot of them. I see a ton of camaros and challengers and chargers and a good amount of them are ss and hemi versions. I have only seen a few new 5.0 mustangs, some ones has to be buying them up because I have been trying to pick up a new 2012 base gt, brembo car for the last 2 weeks but I can't find one. Will find out Tuesday if my local dealer can get one they found at an out of state dealer and if not order me one.

Where are you at in the detroit area? I see tons of 5.0's haha, barely see any SS camaro's. I see Tons of dodges. Have you seen a kona blue 5.0 riding around without a front fascia on by any chance?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I dont see as many as I figured to be seeing by now, there is one other in my town but thats it, of course I live in a town of about 4500-5000 people so I guess I can expect that lol

Im seeing more and more in the leigh valley

dynasty_365

Established Member
All I see down here is v6 camaros' and v6 challengers. Rarely an ss or hemi. If it's a hemi it's an rt never an srt8. It's less than 10 5.0's in my area. Hell half of them r on this site lol. I like it that way though. My car is rare down here. People still ask me what it is or I usually get 'wow ford is putting 5.0's back in there now"

I can drive 4 miles and see 60 camaros' and I'm not exaggerating but then again the south is chevy country :-/

kevinp

Established Member
I see them all the time around here, parked next to an '11 CS at Home Depot a couple days ago :)

Crapload of 10-up V6 'stangs around too..

Bud

Established Member
I've seen 4 supercharged 5.0's at my local shop in for tuning/dyno in the past few months including mine. 1 procharger, 2 roushs, 1 whipple. Another one is slated for a 2.9 install. If there are that many at just one shop over a short period of time I have to assume a bunch of stockers are around too. Kind of sad my car was probably the fastest 5.0 run in the state last year, I sure won't be this year unless I do some more work to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread