Why the hatred?

darreng505

Established Member
IMHO, you nailed it, Shaun. I have never driven a car with an MT82, but the above is EXACTLY why I am hesitant to ever get T56 (or derivative) for a very high rpm motor - at least not for one that I intend to shift aggressively.

That said...I'm still waiting to hear what will be different with the MT-82 in 2015 (per an earlier post....)

Ive had both and the tremec shifts faster, shorter and more precise. Theres no opinion about it. Its a mechanical fact. The direct shift will br faster than that remote mounted mt-82 crap.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
No desire to start a war here, so appreciate all input. I'd love to see video of some 7500+ rpm powershifts from a 6060 or other, street-version of the T56. Very serious about that! I've seen sub-7k powershifts, but nothing that high.

Shaun, those are indeed clean, hard powershifts. Done correctly (and it sure seems you were), you should hear the engine rpm increase very slightly with each gear change, indicating the foot stayed planted on the floor the entire time, and the shift was done extremely fast (proper powershifting is hard enough on a tranny, a slow powershift is a recipe for all kinds of carnage). Here are a couple of my vids, if you're interested...

This is with a stock T5 behind my bolt-on 4V 4.6:
th_cosby1162.jpg

This is the same car but in F/S trim, and was my first time shifting a G-Force T5. For the track, I absolutely LOVED that tranny....fool proof!
th_CosbyMIR.jpg

I should note that in both vids, I was shifting at 'only' 7k rpm, as I was dealing with the stock 4V powerband (peak power around 6200-6300). The G-Force would have done 7500+ no problems (but wasn't street friendly). The T5....doubt it, and I was pushing harder than I should have been anyway.

stangfreak

Established Member
Why the hatred?

Because the looks are polarizing. The performance is meh at best, and let's be honest here.... Ford doesn't have a great reputation with IRS. Furthermore Ford is trying to make a "global" car. That never sits well with Americans and especially American car enthusiasts. Ford is forcing European ideology on American car guys.

I'm generally neutral when it comes to American car brands. I'll drive and race anything. In MY, repeat MY experiences talking about the 2015, only die-hard Ford fans like this new iteration of the Mustang. Where as the 2011-2014 pulled guys from Chevy and Dodge (me included) this version of the Mustang will not.

Keep in mind too that Dodge just released the Hellcat, the 392 will be worlds quicker as well. Pictures of the 6th Gen Cheby are out being tested. The new LT1 motor is a BEAST and it's going in the Alpha chassis. That means much lighter.

Furthermore? Ford keeps in an unchanged MT-82? We're talking about a transmission that had an investigation looked into it by the NHTB.

wow

rrg9946

Established Member
Why the hatred?

Because the looks are polarizing. The performance is meh at best, and let's be honest here.... Ford doesn't have a great reputation with IRS. Furthermore Ford is trying to make a "global" car. That never sits well with Americans and especially American car enthusiasts. Ford is forcing European ideology on American car guys.

I'm generally neutral when it comes to American car brands. I'll drive and race anything. In MY, repeat MY experiences talking about the 2015, only die-hard Ford fans like this new iteration of the Mustang. Where as the 2011-2014 pulled guys from Chevy and Dodge (me included) this version of the Mustang will not.

Keep in mind too that Dodge just released the Hellcat, the 392 will be worlds quicker as well. Pictures of the 6th Gen Cheby are out being tested. The new LT1 motor is a BEAST and it's going in the Alpha chassis. That means much lighter.

Furthermore? Ford keeps in an unchanged MT-82? We're talking about a transmission that had an investigation looked into it by the NHTB.

So you don't like advancement. So we should just stick to brute power straight line cars?

Shaun@AED

No desire to start a war here, so appreciate all input. I'd love to see video of some 7500+ rpm powershifts from a 6060 or other, street-version of the T56. Very serious about that! I've seen sub-7k powershifts, but nothing that high.

Shaun, those are indeed clean, hard powershifts. Done correctly (and it sure seems you were), you should hear the engine rpm increase very slightly with each gear change, indicating the foot stayed planted on the floor the entire time, and the shift was done extremely fast (proper powershifting is hard enough on a tranny, a slow powershift is a recipe for all kinds of carnage). Here are a couple of my vids, if you're interested...

This is with a stock T5 behind my bolt-on 4V 4.6:
th_cosby1162.jpg

This is the same car but in F/S trim, and was my first time shifting a G-Force T5. For the track, I absolutely LOVED that tranny....fool proof!

th_CosbyMIR.jpg

I should note that in both vids, I was shifting at 'only' 7k rpm, as I was dealing with the stock 4V powerband (peak power around 6200-6300). The G-Force would have done 7500+ no problems (but wasn't street friendly). The T5....doubt it, and I was pushing harder than I should have been anyway.

Your reputation precedes you Bob.
I am well aware of your driving skills.
I've been a fan since the Incon days.

rrg9946

Established Member
Your reputation precedes you Bob.
I am well aware of your driving skills.
I've been a fan since the Incon days.

Oh stop Bob has no skills.... His over rated driving skills and non 60footing Cobra are way over rated!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I'm saying this cause I never beat him in my white 2v lol.... Pure resentment haha

Users who are viewing this thread