widening 95 cobra rims

xKingCobra03

Established Member
was wondering if anyone here has done them and what they look like? what company have you used? how do they ride? thanks for any info

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
You would want to use weldcraft but I haven't seen any done.. I doubt there are many people that want to put money into such an ugly wheel

xKingCobra03

Established Member
You would want to use weldcraft but I haven't seen any done.. I doubt there are many people that want to put money into such an ugly wheel

to each their own, I like the wheel I think it will be different, I think all the fr500 wheels are played out and roush side exhaust looks ugly with smoked ricer lights and a played out saleen wing but hey if you like them you like them

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
to each their own, I like the wheel I think it will be different, I think all the fr500 wheels are played out and roush side exhaust looks ugly with smoked ricer lights and a played out saleen wing but hey if you like them you like them

lol.. oh noes.. You hurt my feelings.. My car has been setup like this for years, you know, back when it was cool :lol1:

Post some pics up of your beauty chief..

And 95 wheels are so ugly I wouldn't put them on your car

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
youll have to use at least a 1" spacer on them as having them widened wont change the offset. it will change the backspace however, by the amt you widen it by. if you dont use a spacer, the wheel may not fit and/or itll terrible on the car.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I would also like to find a source that can widen some 1997 Cobra wheels. Years ago I saw two on EBay that were widened and I kick myself now for not bidding on them. So I know it can be done.

I have a 1997 Cobra that I installed a complete 2004 Terminator drivetrain and suspension from a (flood damaged) wreck back in 2007. The outside looks like a stock 1997 Cobra, but it goes like a 2004. I want to keep the stock 1997 Cobra appearance, but it REALLY needs more tire on the ground and those 8" wide wheels really limit performance.

4valved

Banned

Omg lol I'm rofl right now.

On a serious note that's not Roush side exhaust its the svo side exhaust kit and it looks amazing!

The 95 cobra rim is the same as 94-97 right?

xKingCobra03

Established Member
lol.. oh noes.. You hurt my feelings.. My car has been setup like this for years, you know, back when it was cool :lol1:

LoL oh so we are seeing who's dick is bigger now? LoL shall we post quarter miles times and dyno sheets?

xKingCobra03

Established Member

Heres my old baby, just your normal 03 whippled 10.4 car :beer:
l_77e7a02b9fcc8e6043c8ee4871674b71.jpg

sold her 3 years ago, now im working on a new project a 95, and that why im asking about the rims if you must know.

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I have some pictures of a car with widened stock 95 wheels and it looks cool. I like the stock wheels and contemplated this myself but my center caps, which are 94-95 specific weren't in the best shape. I found some brand new ones and they weren't cheap, the owner was very proud of them. So I ended up buying new wheels instead of going the widening route.

I will try to find and post up the pics soon.

xKingCobra03

Established Member
I have some pictures of a car with widened stock 95 wheels and it looks cool. I like the stock wheels and contemplated this myself but my center caps, which are 94-95 specific weren't in the best shape. I found some brand new ones and they weren't cheap, the owner was very proud of them. So I ended up buying new wheels instead of going the widening route.

I will try to find and post up the pics soon.

Thanks man, yea out here in SoCal those rims are a dime a dozen, so I can pick up a whole set with center caps for around 150/200

GT500DB

Established Member
I have some widened chrome Cobra R wheels and tires for sale. 17X9 and 17X11 in case you want to upgrade those "ugly" 95 wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread