Wife's Gift to Me

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
So I get up Sunday Morning and start watching Superbike racing. Wife comes in from getting groceries and ask me if I love her. I know there is something up at this point. She never has to ask.

She then proceeds to tell me that she backed the Cobra out of the garage and hit the Supercrew with it.

I went out and looked at both vehicles. Truck had no visible damage (hit the bumper). Car had the paint taken off the rear wheel well and deep scratch in the plastic bumper. On the wheel well it's down past the paint and primer but not to the metal. There looks to be two layers (different colors) of primer.

Estimates are around $600 to get it fixed :cuss:

In the mean time, I'm going to paint it myself with touch up just to make sure it doesn't rust until I can get it professionally fixed.

Keep in mind I'm NO painter and have very little experience!

Here are some pics:

The damage

damage.jpg

I sanded down the area a bit to keep the area from chipping
sanding_down_area.jpg

Then I started building the area back up with primer and wet sand it smooth
primer.jpg

Next I put several thin coats of paint on top of the primer to bring it level with surrounding area.
paint_coat_1.jpg

At this point I'm letting the clear coat dry. After it's dry, I'll wet sand the area again to remove imperfections and start the buffing.
clearcoated.jpg

EDIT:
I'm not sure why the pics are not showing up. Until I get it solved, I'll just put the links in.

Pics fixed

EDIT:
had to changed location of my inserted pics

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear about the damage but it looks like you've got it under control. I think God allows things like this once in awhile to show our wives how much we love them.
:lol1:

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. I surprised myself in the way I took it. I looked at her (before even going and looking at the car) and said "it's ok. Accidents happen". I was very proud of myself.

My wife is a wonderful woman to whom I've been married to for 8 wonderful years. She let's me have all kinds of toys without any complaints.

Now...if I did it, I'd be fit to be tied.:D

Blades

Established Member
Do you have a Kenne Bell yet? If not, sell her shoes to buy one. You poor guy. If my girlfriend did that I'd..ummmm... uhh...... probably do the same thing you did. Now I know that its love.

She was in the car the other day, she must have left like 5000 of her hairs all over the passenger side. I swear she does it on purpose. She some how feels threatened so she has to take it out on the car.

I tried to make her celebrate its birthday on July 9th (a year anniversary since I got the car) and she flipped. It was just a joke!! :lol1:

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Yikes! When it comes down to it, it's just paint.

BUT, if that was my woman, she would pay dearly. She would not only have it repainted but for my pain and suffering I would say at the minimum 2 weeks of back massages and head rubs or a new part for the snake. Fair is only fair! And of course, I would be paying for the new paint or parts..LOL

ALA G8R

Banned
This may be a blessing ind disquise. You now have good leverage to get the ok for some serious bolt ons.

:thumbsup:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
This may be a blessing ind disquise. You now have good leverage to get the ok for some serious bolt ons.

:thumbsup:

Honey, the only way I can take my mind off that HUGE scratch YOU created on MY cobra would be if YOU went out and BOUGHT me a Kenne Bell. I like that. :thumbsup:

I would of used the ford touchup paint. I keep one in my car at all times. It's 12 bucks at the dealer.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
She was in the car the other day, she must have left like 5000 of her hairs all over the passenger side. I swear she does it on purpose. :

Dude, she's marking her territory! That's how they do it! Like if your chic is blonde and you go see your X-girlfriend that's brunette. The X will dump her hair all over your clothes just so the current girlfriend finds it! She's just marking her territory! That's completely normal..!!!hahahaha

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Honey, the only way I can take my mind off that HUGE scratch YOU created on MY cobra would be if YOU went out and BOUGHT me a Kenne Bell. I like that. :thumbsup:

I would of used the ford touchup paint. I keep one in my car at all times. It's 12 bucks at the dealer.

I would have used factory paint but freaking dealer didn't have any black (UA) in stock and I wanted to get it done.

The car is Stock right now save for a K&N drop in. After we get moved into our new house next month, I'm taking that $600 and putting it towards an exhaust and x-pipe. I'll eventually get the paint fixed (by the end of the year) but right now I want more go than show :-D

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
It could be worse. My wife t-boned my new '99 in the DRIVEWAY so bad you couldn't open the driver side door:bash: $2400 later it was all better, I still use it as "leverage", so its all good;-)

jason

03DOHC

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your ride, but that's exactly why my Wife is not allowed to drive my car.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
My wife thinks I care too much about the car. She would probably say somebody did a hit and run in a parking lot.;-)

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by gchronis
Eric, let's not forget it's they wife's car, heh? HAHAHA

Shh....you're not supposed to say things like that. I've almost got her convinced that it's mine and the truck is hers :thumbsup:

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4J
My wife thinks I care too much about the car. She would probably say somebody did a hit and run in a parking lot.;-)

She told me she thought about telling me that but decided to be honest. She thought I'd want to go up the the store and look at every car to find out who hit the Cobra and kick their ass. :lol1:

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by Eric03Cobra
She told me she thought about telling me that but decided to be honest. She thought I'd want to go up the the store and look at every car to find out who hit the Cobra and kick their ass. :lol1:

You and I have the same mentality-somebody touches the cobra and the ass kicking commences :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread