Will 335 viper tires fit ? Lets find out!

will 335/30/18 viper tires fit on my 18x11'' rim?

• Nope, no chance.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • They might fit on the rim, but they will hit the IRS bolt

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • Yes, they will fit, be driveable, and look awsome.

Votes: 31 20.8%
  • I don't know??

Votes: 47 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I have a friend that works at mercedes and some viper came in the shop to get new tires put on. After work he brought one of the old tires over to show me. So I had an idea, I have always wondered if I could ever fit these tires on my car. So just for fun, tomorow morning (11:00) we are going to go to his work and see if we can get this big tire to fit. Technically, I would need 11.5 - 12'' rims. So what do you guys think?

My rear rim is 18x11'' and I am currently running 295's. Here are some pics of the tire.

Tomorow morning I will get the rest of the pics when we try to put it on.

Brad

Banned
Its not going to fit. If its bigger than my BFG 315's you're focked.

Good luck though.:thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
:lol: Your probably right brad, but I figured I might as well give it try before he throws the tire away. Plus, while trying to get this tire to fit I will be able to find out exactly how much room I have and exactly what size tire will fit.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Since the BFG drags are suppose to be a really "big" 315, it might be close. Someone told me they tried them already and they didn't work. I pray they do, they are cheap as hell on tirerack right now!!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I forgot what my offset is, but I am hoping that somehow they will fit. I really doubt they will though, but if they do, I will be ordering a set from tirerack right away. Only $165 a piece.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I believe they will fit on the car with the right backspace or a proper wheel spacer. Basically if the 315 tire just fits with no spacer, the 335 tire needs to be spaced out about 20mm further. This means it will probably be slightly wider than the outside of the fender lip. There some good quality H & R spacers or Maximum Motorsport spacers that could probably make them work.

I was thinking about 335's for the rears and possibly 315's for the fronts for open track use if possible but the tires will stick out a bit wider than the fender lip.

We look forward to the results of your trial!!

Gord

NightEnforcer

Established Member
I have 315 Yoks on the back of mine. Barely fit. Had to modify the IRS bolt. I am going with the bet that they won't fit without modifications to the IRS bolt and the fender.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys. If they don't fit I will just go with 315's. I didn't want to spend too much time or money trying to get these to fit, thats why I am not going to try spacers or modding the IRS bolt. Since my buddy got ahold of the tire before it was thrown away and has access to a tire mounter and balancer, I figured now is the best time to try it.

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
I have 315 bfg's and they make it by about 1/8" inch no way 335's make it without a spacer, my car is lowered so the bolt isnt an issue since its under the tire now.

Good luck and let us know how it works out those viper tires are way cool. :)

tnadoman

Established Member
That would be great if they do. I dont need to wonder any more as I just traded my '03 in on a 2001 Viper GTS with 156 miles on it. Loved my Cobra and have much respect for them should I run into one in my small town of 5000.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
they may not fit but you have different backspacing than most others since you are already running an 11" wide rim. If it doesnt fit do you have spacers handy to try them?

If it workds out for you then I'm ordering your exact same size and offest wheel and ordering a set of those pilot sports.

Thanks for doing the research :beer:

stang99

The 315 Nitto on the passenger side of my car has more clearance on the bolt when the tire is dropped all the way down than the 315 Nitto on the driver's side. Must be Ford quality, but there may be differences between '03 Cobras that could impact tire clearances. Since the Nittos on AFS 10.5 barely clear even when they are on the ground, I voted no way on the Viper tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread