Will 335 viper tires fit ? Lets find out!

will 335/30/18 viper tires fit on my 18x11'' rim?

• Nope, no chance.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • They might fit on the rim, but they will hit the IRS bolt

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • Yes, they will fit, be driveable, and look awsome.

Votes: 31 20.8%
  • I don't know??

Votes: 47 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
2k2 - give me a couple minutes and I will email you a bunch of pics :thumbsup:

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
just got back from the tire shop! :rockon: they put on my new 335/30-18's on my satin finish ssr gt3's. man, does that car look mean! all the employees had to come out and take a look at it from the back....they loved it :bowdown: i'm a little nervous about the IRS bolts though. i shaved them down some, but i'm going to take the rims off and shave some more for good measure. i would post some pics....but you guys would all kill me seeing how dirty the car is. so, i'll wash it later today and post up some pics. big thanks to kevinJKD for letting us all know it can be done! :thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
No problem man, its the least I could do. Clean that car up and post the pics, I would love to see them :thumbsup:

mplankfordv

Established Member
vipers can run 1.60 short times on these tires. im sure the car has alot to do with it but to say they suck for racing is just not true. ive never had tires as good as these

332394-Picture_012.jpg

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am sure they can, thats if you are very good at feathering the throttle and at a track that is prepped very well, but like you said, the car has a lot to do with it. The cobra is heavier. Plus, most of the people that ask me about the tires are wondering how they grip during daily driving. Maybe if your car was completely stock they would grip from a stop, but if your pullied they will not grip in first gear, or second depending on rpm and road/tire conditions.

If you want to go to the track and launch well with no spin, this tire is not going to do it. I was at a 1/8th mile track and I could not go full throttle in first gear. I even had to back off when I shifted into second gear because they started to hop. And that was with a 2.93 pulley and only 422rwtq! And that was only speed shifting, if I would have powershifted the car would have spun like crazy. Now that I am running a 2.80 pulley/Apten porting I haven't even bothered trying them at the track again.

Like I said, I am sure some vipers have cut some good 60ft's but thats a completely different car. Plus, there are some 03 cobra guys that have cut some 1.9 60ft and under with the STOCK tires. But as you know, thats not the average. You will not be able to go full throttle in first or maybe even second gear (depending on HP and driver) at the track or street with the viper tires if your pullied. Thats just what I have experienced.

You used to drive the blue 03 correct? If so, when did you get the viper? Congrats, that car is very nice.

mustarrosa

Established Member
I love the muscular appeal of the Viper and my experience driving one is that they will spin a tire pretty good too. My friend who owned the Viper now has a Lambo..Gallardo, 4 wheel drive sure launches well too.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
I had the 335 Pilot Sports & they spun (alot) in 3rd gear...

Put on 315 BFG DR's & hardly spin in ....2nd...

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
Tires

Not sure this will be of any use to you guys or not.....

I just put 315-35-17 Nitto Drag radials on an 11" aftermarket wheel patterned after the 2003 Cobra wheel. It fits with room to spare on my 97 Cobra. The car has a vortech on it and makes 441 to the tires. I don't have as much torque as you guys but the tire hooks very well. I am pleased with it in dry and wet conditions. I took off a set of worn out 315-35-17 BFG Drag radials that were absolutely horrible in the rain and almost got me wrecked. In dry conditions, the BFG was excellent. I like the Nitto DR MUCH better for an all around, daily driven tire.

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
Re: Tires

Originally posted by Five-o-Joe
Not sure this will be of any use to you guys or not.....

I just put 315-35-17 Nitto Drag radials on an 11" aftermarket wheel patterned after the 2003 Cobra wheel
And what company makes a 11' aftermaket 03 style rim?

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
Will it fit ?

Question becomes the ofset of the wheel. I have seen numerous GT and Cobra's running 315/30ZR18 but always on Fikse , Kinesis and HRE wheels. Custom built for the application......

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I fit 335's on the SSR GT3's while only needing to shave a dime size piece off of the irs bolt. thats it. they dont stick out, they dont rub on anything.

so you can fit 335's 30/18's on SSR GT3 rims.

now michelin pilot sports are not drag radials so you dont get as much traction as you might think, but they rock in the rain and give reasonable dry weather traction. plus they look cool, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread