Will 335 viper tires fit ? Lets find out!

will 335/30/18 viper tires fit on my 18x11'' rim?

• Nope, no chance.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • They might fit on the rim, but they will hit the IRS bolt

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • Yes, they will fit, be driveable, and look awsome.

Votes: 31 20.8%
  • I don't know??

Votes: 47 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
How well versed in the '03 is CCW at this point? Did you have to give him any offsets or anything?

JT

They seemed to be pretty familiar with the dimensions but I gave them the size and backspacing just to make sure.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
congrads norcalredfire :thumbsup: Make sure to post a bunch of pics when you get them on, I can't wait to see them.

Thanks. If it weren't for you, I'd still be out there looking. I can't tell you how many wheel tire combinations I've researched but the look on the pic of your car is exactly what I've been looking for. I'll post pics as soon as I get the wheels and tires on - should be 3-4 weeks for maufacturing, shipping and tire install and balance. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Beautiful car, and since were joking, you sob. I think all boys dream of owning a Viper. Maybe in a year or too!! Since you have a pic at the track, how's she running and what's your mods??

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
The car on radials has been 11.29 at 129mph. It has every bolt on and heads and roller rockers. Alot of money to mod these things compared to the mustang. About $20,000 for 650 hp.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
bad03cobra - I saw those pics last time you posted them and they look even better the second time. The viper is just an awsome car :thumbsup:

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
Not to flame you but those tires stick out way too far.... All the road crap will be flinging on your car now instead of in the wheel well. I wouldn't put that big of tires on my ride its not needed. If you need more traction buy stickey tires with the correct size. And there can be strength issues with excessive backspacing. IMO I wouldn't run that setup.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by OldSkoolMC
Not to flame you but those tires stick out way too far.... All the road crap will be flinging on your car now instead of in the wheel well. I wouldn't put that big of tires on my ride its not needed. If you need more traction buy stickey tires with the correct size. And there can be strength issues with excessive backspacing. IMO I wouldn't run that setup.
It doesnt look as if the wheel extends past the top of fender but does a bit more so at the bottom edges. The stock tires stuck bast bottom edges of body already.

As for strength, if your running stock cast wheels that shouldnt even be a concern. The stock wheels are junk, the CCW (and other) wheels are very high quality, hot forged and able to handle much much greater loads than anything ford ever produced. I would go so far as to bet that even the wider CCW wheels is significantly stonger than the stock wheels.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
no flame taken:thumbsup: Some of my friends also said that when they looked at the pics, but when they saw the tires in person they loved it. It looks really mean on the street.

I know very well that if I wanted better traction for drag racing that this is not the way to go. But thats not what I wanted. If I was going for better launches I would use a 17'' rim with a 275-315/ 40-45/ 17 drag radial so I could lower the pressure at the track. Just because they are wider doesn't mean they will hook up better. I have always known this. Since they are 18's and they have such a thin sidewall (30) they do not launch very well. But I wanted handling. Thats why I chose 18''CCW's. They look awsome and they PERFECT for road racing. I would much rather have these rims/tires for the street/autoX/open track and then a set of 17'' rims with Drag radials for the drag strip then to keep the stock 17's for the street and drag strip.

About the strength issue. CCW has a huge corvetteZ06, supra, and viper following. Professional race teams also use CCW rims. I have complete confidence that these rims are very strong. Besides, its not like I only drive on the street like a grandma. I have been to an autocross, I have been to the skidpad, and I have been to an open track event with these rims. They were amazing, I was setting the fastest autoX times with our heavy 03 cobra and all I have is cc plates/springs/ and the CCW rim and tire combo. This was at Sebring Sensation. It was a 3 day event. I drove 3 hours to get there on friday, ran the autoX and skidpad on saturday, then did 3 sessions of open tracking on sunday, and then drove another 3 hours to get home. ALL ON THE CCW's.

Now if I was racing with some 20'' show car rims than yes there might be strength issues. But not with CCW's.

I undertand if you wouldn't want this combo, but CCW has proven that their rims are race quality.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I almost forgot. I can send you plenty of videos of 9sec street supras/vipers/corvettes using CCW's. So if they are using CCW's for thier 9sec 1/4 times and around 800-1000+rwhp cars, then I would think these forged CCW rims are definately strong enough. Whats your email? I will send you some videos right now.

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
I can also back that up that these CCW wheels are the real thing and there are no strenth issues at all.

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Now if I was racing with some 20'' show car rims than yes there might be strength issues. But not with CCW's.

I wasn't talking about the strenght of the rims themself but rather the load on the spindle/bearings from excessive backspacing. You change the load by changing the backspacing. I just don't know exactly how much stress is added with your setup. It might be fine but there is added stress.

mustarrosa

Established Member
Do you have CCW wheels? What width tire are you running and any rub problems? Are you runing spacers?

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Do you have CCW wheels?

Yes

What width tire are you running and any rub problems?

335/30 18s on the rear 11" width rim and 275/35 18s on the front 9.5" width rim with no rub problems.

Are you runing spacers?

No

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
yep, just like norcal. I have no rubbing or anything. I did not have to modify the IRS bolt or use spacers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread