Will 335 viper tires fit ? Lets find out!

will 335/30/18 viper tires fit on my 18x11'' rim?

• Nope, no chance.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • They might fit on the rim, but they will hit the IRS bolt

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • Yes, they will fit, be driveable, and look awsome.

Votes: 31 20.8%
  • I don't know??

Votes: 47 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
The rim/tire combo looks really mean :eek: You are making me want to go out and buy some, but the wife would kill me :chicken:

predator

Established Member
Now, the question is, should I stick with the 335's?. . .Or should I try the 345 BFG competition Drag radials? :coolman:

Since no one said it, I say try the 345s next! I would like to see how they fit. ;-)

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
shadow - thats correct, the overall tire height is about the same. Wheels my size should be around $1800 for all four rims.
Thats not too bad, I expected them to be more. Have any idea what the 18x11 wheel weighs with the 335/30 mounted on it? How is the launch with those monsters?

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
dataangel, it seems to me that an 18" AFS wheel with 27 mm offset and an 8 mm spacer places the tire centerline in the same position. Since the AFS wheel is 10.5 inch wide instead of 11", the tire sidewall would be pulled in slightly more towards the wheel centreline resulting in maybe 1 or 2 more mm of clearance to the bolt.

Gord

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
For the money, its going to be hard to find a better performing rim. As for the grip, if it wouldn't rain everyday I will be able to let you know! But I dont expect them to launch awsome because they are 18's with a very thin sidewall. If I was just going for drag than I would have gotten 17'' DR with a 40-45 sidewall and lowered the psi for the track. But for the street, I think these tires will be pretty good.

About the weight with the tire on, I have not checked yet. But I think of it this way: When I turn on the speedchannel and I see actual race cars using CCW rims, I know they must be good. Most of the 9sec 1/4 street supras and vipers use CCW's, so I figured if these rims are strong enough and light enough for professional race teams and 9sec street cars, then they are the rims I want.

(black CCW's below)

predator

Established Member
I would say that last pic is a keeper too. I love the way your car squats with all that tire under it. Very nice. Should be a poster or screen saver.

I was wondering how you arrived at the backspacing and offset for your custom rims? Did CCW figure it out....or you? What info did you have to provide to have them made?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I had a local performance shop do all the measuring. What happend was, I drove up to the shop one day and I noticed the owner had CCW's on his GT. So he pulled my car in the shop and took a whole bunch of measurments. Then he faxed over the specs to CCW. But I think CCW might have the specs for the cobras now. Just send CCW an email and tell them what sizes you want and see what they recommend. They will even put the recommend tires on the rims before you get them so when you get them they are all high speed balanced and set up perfect for road racing. They also can do drag racing too, they have 17's and the little skinnies up front (16x4 I believe)

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
About how much does it cost for a set of CCW's exactly like yours. I love them and really close to getting some.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
last time I sent CCW an email asking about prices for 18x9.5 front and 18x11 rear, they said it should be around $1800 for all four rims.

davidmax

Established Member
My Vette is tubbed(a 2400) job and tons of labor,and I might add we can tub a Vette better than all I've seen.So I went from 295 being my max to Pilot sports 35/30/18 still cant get traction at 5Lbs. boost let alone 1Bar+ but a neccessetty on my car.If I could fit 4 sizes larger and they made them I would install.
You will never get tose on a Cobra and dont ruin your diff. trying and I take lots of chances,Dave Smilovic

Wild Bill

Established Member
Those look awesome! I have always admired those wheels in your picture,but now they look even better.I wouldnt mind getting those same rims in 17' so I could fit some BFGs on them.

jonas

Established Member
the last pic of your ride kev is my new wallpaper!

I was planning to buy those rims but decided I can get my money's worth on the stock tires and in the meantime keep my eye out on new wheel styles. Anyways I get 1099ed and its nearing that time of the year so I gotta chill on the mods till next year or If I get a big project come up :)

Take it easy

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
Me too. In fact, I just hung up with Chip at CCW and placed my order.

How well versed in the '03 is CCW at this point? Did you have to give him any offsets or anything?

JT

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
congrads norcalredfire :thumbsup: Make sure to post a bunch of pics when you get them on, I can't wait to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread