Will it be named a Cobra?

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Recently I received an contest notice from SVT for a sneak peak at the next SVT Mustang, but they did not call it a Cobra. Just SVT Mustang, it's got me wondering if there is going to be a change in names. I know wait 15 more days and we will know the answer, but does any one have any thoughts on this?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
The latest thing on SVTs website (which is a couple of months old) says Cobra. Look at the "rolls up it's sleeves for 2005" The first paragraph at the end says Cobra. The Autoweek article also quotes Martens as saying "The next Cobra." It is available on this site, page 2 of the '07 Cobra subforum.

Last edited:

mustang_00

Established Member
wouldn't that be weird if they changed the name to the "worm?" imagine some guy pulling up next to you at a redlight and he's reving his engine and then says "hey, what the hell is a worm" the light turns green and then VROOOOOOOOM you're off and left in the wake of the worm is a pound of flamming hot rubber on the pavement. the driver of the other car doesn't know weither to shit or cry and says to himself "oooh that's a worm with his head hanging down in shame.

with that said. would you still by the next cobra, or should i say the worm...?

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
mustang_00 said:
wouldn't that be weird if they changed the name to the "worm?" imagine some guy pulling up next to you at a redlight and he's reving his engine and then says "hey, what the hell is a worm" the light turns green and then VROOOOOOOOM you're off and left in the wake of the worm is a pound of flamming hot rubber on the pavement. the driver of the other car doesn't know weither to shit or cry and says to himself "oooh that's a worm with his head hanging down in shame.

LOL, Thats alot of Drama about the worm

badboycali_559

Established Member
mustang_00 said:

:dw: :p :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rezcobra

Established Member
TXRDRNR said:
Recently I received an contest notice from SVT for a sneak peak at the next SVT Mustang, but they did not call it a Cobra. Just SVT Mustang, it's got me wondering if there is going to be a change in names. I know wait 15 more days and we will know the answer, but does any one have any thoughts on this?

I think they said it's "worm" for sure!! LOL Yeah it'll be Cobra.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Maybe they'll call that the SVT Mustang, so they can apply the Cobra name to this...
cobra_002.jpg

rmgtc01

Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
Maybe they'll call that the SVT Mustang, so they can apply the Cobra name to this...
cobra_002.jpg

That got cancelled due to little demand.
Maybe they will try again and name it the "Shelby Cobra".

ZyX2323

Established Member
Well who knows, but it all will be clear on the 27th (if they still show it)... But it would be cool either way as it would really keep the Stang Badge on it and still be out there... And they Shelby could make his own version of the Mustang or the Cobra of days ago... A Cobra by anyother name is still a Cobra...

ZyX2323

Lawman85

Banned
monkeyspunk79 said:
cobra_002.jpg

That got dropped in favor of the Shelby GR-1 which will start production in 06 I believe to replace the Ford GT.

The new Cobra is called the Shelby Cobra, from the last article I read. But I guess we will see in a couple of weeks.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I cant wait to see the behind the scenes building of it on Rides cause you know that you can count on them documenting it.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
mustang_00 said:

ROFLOL!!!!!
ALL HAIL THE WORM!!!

classic.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everything we're reading at this point indicates it will be called a Cobra. Initially I thought that Shelby's involvement with Ford would produce a Shelby Cobra. Now, though, I'm thinking we will see one or two Shelby Mustang models. Like a GT350 (with 350hp) and a GT500 (with 500hp). :)

rmgtc01

Established Member
Anticipated Debuts:
Bentley: Continental Flying Spur
BMW: M6, 1 Series
Chevrolet: TrailBlazer SS, Malibu SS, Malibu Maxx SS
Cadillac: DTS limousine, Escalade ESVe limousine, XLR-V
Chrysler
Dodge: Caliber and Charger SRT-8
Ferrari
Ford: Shelby Mustang, Focus, and SVT Sport Trac Adrenaline

Users who are viewing this thread